• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Experience with CreateSpace

A forum for authors, as well as aspiring authors, to connect, network, and converse about all facets of writing, publishing, and promotion.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
PoeticJustin
Master Debater

Re: Experience with CreateSpace

Unread post

I've used Createspace for all three of my books and I think they do a tremendous job. I used the DIY option with step by step instructions and had no major issues and if I did they were always there to help with the 24/7 call support which I really like. I like how easy Createspace is to use and their options for distribution and the whole royalties part are very reasonable. No complaints here!

Also, I just found out you can create discount coupons for your book on CS, anyone else know about this? I think I'm going to have some fun and get some sales from this new found information.
Justin Bienvenue--Author--Like A Box of Chocolates
rchapman1tewantin
All Star Member
Australia

Unread post

I didn't know about the discount coupons. I'll have to go and have a look!
Rita Lee Chapman
Author of the Anna Davies Mystery Series
Winston - A Horse's Tale
Dangerous Liaisons,
The Poinciana Tree
The Unicorn Angel
My Very Naughty Pony
JeronMcCall
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I've used CreateSpace for both of my books. I do everything myself according to their very specific requirements, and have never had any major problems. Going through them seems to help me avoid having to deal with the stress of finding a publisher, agent, etc. However, the biggest problem has been promotion, which is left for the author to do themselves.
My two novels, The Making of a Gangster and The Corrupting of the Redeemer, are available on Amazon.com at http://amzn.com/e/B003E8A5JG.

Image Image
rchapman1tewantin
All Star Member
Australia

Unread post

Yes, marketing is always the worst part! It takes up time that might better be spent writing.
Rita Lee Chapman
Author of the Anna Davies Mystery Series
Winston - A Horse's Tale
Dangerous Liaisons,
The Poinciana Tree
The Unicorn Angel
My Very Naughty Pony
JeronMcCall
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

rchapman1tewantin wrote:Yes, marketing is always the worst part! It takes up time that might better be spent writing.
Indeed!
My two novels, The Making of a Gangster and The Corrupting of the Redeemer, are available on Amazon.com at http://amzn.com/e/B003E8A5JG.

Image Image
gesler0811
Experienced

Unread post

It can be frustrating and somewhat fruitless at times, but the marketing and promotion for me has been a gratifying experience. Just knowing I have a finished product to sell fills me with a feeling of success. I didn't expect to sell a million copies of my first (and so far only novel) but the way I see it, if I can produce several high quality works that set themselves apart in some way, someone will catch on, and then someone else, and someone else.

I've finished my second novel, or at least, the second draft of my second novel, which is a sequel to my first novel. I'm hoping to get that and a couple of novellas out there in the next couple of months. I find there's no shortage of curious people who are willing to stop in have a look at what you're selling, but you've gotta hook them and make them want more. I'm hoping that having several high quality works available will help with that. As it is, sales have been better than I expected, and I've even been able to get some print copies out there. All it took was a couple of friendly emails to my local chain of libraries, inquiring about their practices for considering what books to purchase, and now they carry my novel, and, even better, people have been renting them.

Exposure, exposure, exposure.
Voodoo, zombies, artifacts, and magic: Urban fantasy with a New Orleans Flair
I am currently offering my urban fantasy novel 'Line of Sight' for only 99 cents - Buy from Smashwords and use Coupon Code CT92F
Come see why the book is getting such rave reviews! (Also available for kindle, nook, and iTunes, and as a paperback from Amazon)
Official Line of Sight Page

Return to “Author's Lounge”