• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 736 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:38 am

Kristine Wyllys Advice to Aspiring Authors

A forum for authors, as well as aspiring authors, to connect, network, and converse about all facets of writing, publishing, and promotion.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Gillianfx
Permanent Ink Finger

Kristine Wyllys Advice to Aspiring Authors

Unread post

Since I first announced that I had a book deal, I’ve found myself being asked for advice more and more often. Sometimes, I’m able to distract the advice-seekers with pizza. I usually try. Because I’m not always convinced my brand of organized chaos is the best advice for someone to seek.

Have a child? A pet? An action figure you love more than most people? Perfect. Look at that thing. Imagine how much you love it and want to protect it. Now imagine handing it over to someone and that person takes one look at it, throws it on the ground, then lights it on fire while screaming that your face makes them wanna puke shards of their pelvis. Painful, right? Nearly unbearable? This is what putting a book out in the world is like. You’re giving your baby to someone to light on fire and puke pelvis shards on. Most people will not. Most people will be so wonderful it’ll make you want to cry. But every once in awhile, someone will have matches in their pocket. Make peace with that. Kristine Wyllys

Return to “Author's Lounge”