• Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 786 on Sun May 10, 2020 1:56 am

Do you EAT while you READ?

The place to talk about your favorite movies, TV shows, music, sports, cultural events and all things entertainment.
missyllaneous
Getting Comfortable

Having just returned a book to the library which revealed that the last borrower was fond of Cheetos and chocolate I'm wondering do you EAT when you READ? I will have a cup of tea and maybe a biscuit/cookie but never have stained a page with my messy fingers. :lol:

:thanks2: ,-missyllaneous-
rchapman1tewantin
All Star Member

NEVER! I couldn't take the risk of staining a book. Apart from that aspect though, eating takes all my attention.
Rita Lee Chapman
Author of the Anna Davies Mystery Series, Missing in Egypt, Missing at Sea, Missing in London
Winston - A Horse's Tale
Dangerous Liaisons,
The Poinciana Tree
Peyton8
Official Newbie!

Eating and Reading are the two things I love ( Not in that order ). But somehow they never gel well for me. But I have found myself with a mug of coffee or green tea while reading. :)
Benn98
Official Newbie!

rchapman1tewantin wrote:NEVER! I couldn't take the risk of staining a book. Apart from that aspect though, eating takes all my attention.
Oh I agree!! Besides, I often re-read some of my books, so I prefer keeping them in perfect condition. I do hate it when I come across greasy marks on second hand books.
lovemybull
Atop the Piled Books

Oh dear, food stains on a library book is just nasty. Even with my own books, grease can invite mold growth. I keep magazines in the dining area. That way if I'm alone I can read and even if I spill something the magazines go in the recycle bin eventually anyway.
L' Chaim!
threak17
Eligible to vote in book polls!

I can't eat and read. Well, I could, but getting the pages stained/greasy ruins the book.
A cup of coffee or hot chocolate is about as far as I'll go.
Deanna_Anderson
Official Newbie!

I do sometimes, but I usually read in bed or in the bathtub so usually do not eat at those times.
Author & Freelance Writer andersondeanna.weebly.com

~*You don't have to see the top of the staircase to take the first step*~
CoolSummer
So many e-books my reader is overweight!

I don't usually eat and read, but I have been on my own at a restaurant before and found that it kind of takes away from the lonely feeling of not having someone to converse with while eating.
"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
I am haunted by waters.”
lucia_salemi
Official Newbie!

No, because I hate food stains on books :x But I eat snacks or drink green tea while I read ebooks on my laptop...
Movie Nerd
Intelligent

I sometimes have a book with me when I go out to eat with my parents, usually when we're out on the road and such. Usually I eat a sandwich that's not too messy, or stuff that requires a fork, so I have ways of getting around the mess issue. Plus I am obsessed with washing my hands.
I am just your typical movie nerd, postcard collector and aspiring writer.
princesscookie19
So many e-books my reader is overweight!

Nope but I do like a cup of coffee afterwards or before I do any kind of reading. I guess with my eating disorder reading has acutally helped me stay away from the fridge call me a B**** but it works for me.Even tho I do binge eat sometimes (but that's not the main point) I get annoyed when I eat a lot so I try to have something before or/and a coffee afterwards
https://saladprincess20.webs.com

Currently Reading - Daisy War Chain.
Taylor
Thread Flintstone

I own most of the books I’ve read or am reading and yes some have chocolate fingerprints , there’s also barbecue fingerprints, generally anything that can be eaten by hands has found its way to the corner of the book page. :lol:

Can I ask? Is there anyone who can claim whether a teardrop has stained a page?. I know a few of mine have.
ScarletShark
Official Newbie!

While I try my hardest never to read a library book while I eat (it’s much safer to read one of my own books just in case something untoward happens to the book during the meal...lol), I am indeed guilty of reading and eating at the same time. I’ve never been able to break myself of the habit.
Brooks127
Internet Sage
United States of America

I can't remember when I ate while reading but apparently I did. While revisiting a title, I found crumbs of an aging cookie in the fold of its pages.
Mr. P
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

I don't in general but it's not a rule. I just can't focus when eating. And I don't like getting my books dirty with food waste. But I'll chomp some finger foods at times.
When you refuse to learn, you become a disease.