• In total there are 34 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 34 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Patrick Moloney from Dublin says <Hello>

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Patrick Moloney
Official Newbie!
Ireland

Patrick Moloney from Dublin says <Hello>

Unread post

Hi! Since I retired from a career in teaching (science and computers) I have spent more time reading those books that I always wanted to read but did not.

All during the 1980s - and onwards from then - I read all the latest books on computers to the exclusion of others. Anyone remember <Killer Ultilities for DOS> ?

I'm delighted that I found BookTalk. My interest in good books and good reading is now a pleasant and relaxing past-time.

I look forward to expanding my horizons - and perhaps I will get a lot of help in this!
More information on Patrick is at http://www.gunnadan.com
Ted Gresham
Getting Comfortable

Re: Patrick Moloney from Dublin says <Hello>

Unread post

DOS, what's DOS? Ha! Those were the days! I still have my old 8088, 20 meg hard drive, tucked away out in storage. I was going to see if it still work but a wee mouse chewed away the monitor cable. And of course, nothing compatible to it these days! Yeah... almost miss all that text and no pictures. Not. Haha!

What's your reading interests these days?
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Welcome to the community, Patrick. ;-)
Patrick Moloney
Official Newbie!
Ireland

Unread post

Thanks Ted for your interest.
At the moment I am reading James Joyce's <A Portrait of an Artist as a Young Man>. I'm going rather slowly with this because on the way I am relating information in it to that in <Ulysses>.
For a change I frequently dip into <50 American Artists You Should Know>, Debra N. Mancoff.
Ah yes ! the 8088.
I would guess that there are many out there who would not know of the evolutionary emergence of the Pentium - should it have been titled the 508088 ?!!

And thanks to you Chris as well for the Welcome.
rchapman1tewantin
All Star Member
Australia

Unread post

Hi Patrick and welcome to BookTalk. I've spent a bit of time in Ireland and enjoyed the Ring of Kerry and my visit to the Irish Horse Stud. I hope you enjoy interacting with other readers who share your reading tastes.
Rita Lee Chapman
Author of the Anna Davies Mystery Series
Winston - A Horse's Tale
Dangerous Liaisons,
The Poinciana Tree
The Unicorn Angel
My Very Naughty Pony
Patrick Moloney
Official Newbie!
Ireland

Unread post

Thank you Rita Lee - the Ring of Kerry is special even for those who live there. Re the horses - the jumping season is now over and the flat season is beginning.

Return to “Everything Else”