• In total there are 23 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 23 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

Playing Chess with Pigeons

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
charltonhall
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

There’s an old joke that debating with a theist is like playing chess with a pigeon. The theist flies in with a lot of noise, knocks over all the chess pieces, craps all over the board, then flies away squawking about ‘victory.’ If you’ve ever spent any time debating with a fundamentalist theist, you’re probably familiar with the maxim that, “You cannot reason with someone who has abandoned reason.” Or as Dr. Greg House of television’s House, M.D. said, “If you could reason with religious people, there’d be no religious people.” Admittedly, using reason with someone incapable of reason is an exercise in futility. So why bother? The answer I give when I am asked this question is, “I don’t do it because I expect to convert a fundamentalist to my way of thinking. I do it so that others who think the way I do will realize that they are not alone. If you’re one of those people, this book is for you.
To purchase visit http://www.bmdo.org/Books/books_from_bm ... ishing.htm

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”