• In total there are 6 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 6 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 813 on Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:52 pm

The Great Controversy

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Re: The Great Controversy

Unread post

“The book The Great Controversy, I appreciate above silver or gold, and I greatly desire that it shall come before the people. While writing the manuscript of The Great Controversy, I was often conscious of the presence of the angels of God. And many times the scenes about which I was writing were presented to me anew in visions of the night, so that they were fresh and vivid in my mind.”
reminds me of the lyric to an old tune for some reason

Ive got a lovely bunch of coconuts
There they are, all standing in a row
Big ones, small ones, some as big as your head
Give them a twist a flick of the wrist
Thats what the showman said

Ive got a lovely bunch of coconuts
Every ball you throw will make me rich
There stands my wife, the idol of me life
Singing roll a bowl a ball a penny a pitch

Roll a bowl, a ball, a penny, a pitch
Roll a bowl, a ball, a penny, a pitch
Roll a bowl, a ball, roll a bowl, a ball
Singing roll a bowl a ball a penny a pitch

ahhh the magic of juxtaposition.
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Re: The Great Controversy

Unread post

40. Gods People Delivered

When the protection of human laws shall be withdrawn from those who honor the law of God, there will be, in different lands, a simultaneous movement for their destruction. As the time appointed in the decree draws near, the people will conspire to root out the hated sect. It will be determined to strike in one night a decisive blow, which shall utterly silence the voice of dissent and reproof.

The people of God--some in prison cells, some hidden in solitary retreats in the forests and the mountains--still plead for divine protection, while in every quarter companies of armed men, urged on by hosts of evil angels, are preparing for the work of death. It is now, in the hour of utmost extremity, that the God of Israel will interpose for the deliverance of His chosen. Saith the Lord; "Ye shall have a song, as in the night when a holy solemnity is kept; and gladness of heart, as when one goeth . . . to come into the mountain of the Lord, to the Mighty One of Israel. And the Lord shall cause His glorious voice to be heard, and shall show the lighting down of His arm, with the indignation of His anger, and with the flame of a devouring fire, with scattering, and tempest, and hailstones." Isaiah 30:29, 30.

With shouts of triumph, jeering, and imprecation, throngs of evil men are about to rush upon their prey, when, lo, a dense blackness, deeper than the darkness of the night, falls upon the earth. Then a rainbow, shining with the glory from the throne of God, spans the heavens and seems to encircle each praying company. The angry multitudes are suddenly arrested. Their mocking cries die away. The objects of their murderous rage are forgotten. With fearful forebodings they gaze upon the symbol of God's covenant and long to be shielded from its overpowering brightness.
this revelation is incomplete, it continues.. and improves..

Know then..that near the end of the 17th Millenium of Man,
From the anaemic and corrupt remnants of a weak and directionless empire,
there arose a man like a spark of divine flame,
who would ignite a cleansing conflagration that swiftly spread across the Galaxy.

Onward, his fleet blazed across the cold gulfs between the stars,
Until that final ultimate day...when he stood before the great Oracle of Delfinium,
"Behold!", the Oracle shouted into the minds of a thousand, thousand worlds,
"For He is the one of whom the prophesies have spake!"

And the diadem was lain upon his brow,
as he cast his gaze across a newly won empire,
And the Oracle proclaimed..
"POMPOCLES, KING OF THE UNIVERSE!"........

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”