• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 813 on Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:52 pm

A Game of Thrones: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book One: Ch. 08 through 15

#128: Mar. - May 2014 (Fiction)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Taylor

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Awesome

Re: A Game of Thrones: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book One: Ch. 08 through 15

Unread post

"hodor" said Hodor. Five books!?, that's why I'm into it, I have to know what means, something special I bet.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

You lost me. :huh?:
Taylor

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Awesome

Unread post

Please forgive my weak attempt at humor. I'm going to attempt a link to a site that is huge in the world of Ice and Fire
Westeros.org I don't if I have created the link or not, but its an interesting site for fans of the series.
Chris OConnor wrote:You lost me. :huh?:
I don't if I set the quote up correctly either, I'll find out when I submit.
Anyway I was taking from that site a form that had people listing their favorite lines from the series.
Last edited by Taylor on Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taylor

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Awesome

Unread post

It seems After what four years I figured out how to do somethings, :clap2: :bananadance: :coco: :calmdown:
This could be good it may be bad, but I'll tell this, for me it is growth :bow: to my self.
Who knows I may be able to produce a real post :hmm:
What was the question? "hodor said Hodor " is just a favorite line of dialogue from the books.
Taylor

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Awesome

Unread post

There is something on my mind? Eddard Stark, does his honor, his nobility, strike you as odd? I mean is this guy really prepared to deal with people who we happen to know shoved his kid out a tower window?
As always, is it naivete'? is it wit?. I'm not prepared to take Ned at face value.
scrumfish
Sophomore
United States of America

Unread post

Taylor wrote:There is something on my mind? Eddard Stark, does his honor, his nobility, strike you as odd? I mean is this guy really prepared to deal with people who we happen to know shoved his kid out a tower window?
As always, is it naivete'? is it wit?. I'm not prepared to take Ned at face value.
Hehe, a fellow suspect or of everyone. :) I won't answer that exactly, but one thing to keep in mind as you read is that every family has some basic motivations which can be very related to their location. The Starks are very close to the wall and the book opens with comments about how much more activity there has been of Wildlings coming across and dire wolves being where they hadn't been seen in years. How much do you think the southerners care about that? Eddard knows there is a political game that he hates and must play. It shall be revealed to what lengths he will go, I'm sure.

Also, there is a quote in book 4 (I think) that you are going to love! Hodor will remain significant and I love your question about his name but don't have a good answer yet.
Taylor

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Awesome

Unread post

Family locals surly are key as a starting point for plot, Family honor aside, Ned still bugs me, he has indulged his children to a point of treachery. Lets look at The Lady Sansa for a moment, so deluded by betrothal to the future king that she lies to protect him, the lie of course is only to curry favor with a bully. That's Neds little queen. The added cruelty is its her dog that's wacked at the hand of the honorable Ned. Sansas fear of the real world makes her cruel in the worst way, She's ignorant! How does the chapter end? The butcher's boy cleaved in two. Lets not forget naivete' and wit.
scrumfish
Sophomore
United States of America

Unread post

Taylor wrote:Sansas fear of the real world makes her cruel in the worst way, She's ignorant!
You've hit upon a key point right there. She dreams like most little girls do of being a princess. What would you do if your dreams were about to come true and might be ruined, especially if you haven't yet learned to think about the effect on other people?
Crystalline
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Unread post

As I mentioned before, I like the author's prose. His characters are human and make poor choices, just like people in real life. However, because some of his characters are so young, perhaps their choices are due not so much to the evil inside of them but to their inexperience with life. The sexual content is not romantic and I like romantic, although the love scene between Dany and Drogo was not bad. The murder of 7-year-old Bran is full of foreboding and more evil to come. I keep hoping for something cheerful and good in the characters, but it's not happening. When Eddard goes off to become advisor to the King, while his son is dying, seems to be the epitomy of ambition, but then men and women were different in those days, weren't they? I say that with some sarcasm. Tyrion seems the most human character, maybe beause he knows the pain of reality.

Return to “A Game of Thrones: A Song of Ice and Fire: Book One - by George R. R. Martin”