• In total there are 6 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 6 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Small Favor by Jim Butcher

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
gesler0811
Experienced

Small Favor by Jim Butcher

Unread post

This is part of the series "The Dresden Files." I think it's the ninth one, or something like that.

Harry Dresden is a professional wizard who has a listing in the Chicago phone book. Most people think he's a fraud, but a few people do come to him for help when things happen that they suspect might have a supernatural cause. He also offers consulting services to the police department. Most of the books in this series involve Harry taking a case for a client, who may or may not be a supernatural creature. He may also get called in on a police investigation that ties in somehow with the case he is working. I think the author, Jim Butcher, is a master of putting Harry into situations that he cannot possibly get out alive, only to then surprise the reader with how he gets out alive.

This book is shaping up to be more of the greatness that I've gotten used to from Jim Butcher. There is a much bigger story developing behind the scenes as well, which adds a nice touch to the series.

If you like urban fantasy, check it out.
Voodoo, zombies, artifacts, and magic: Urban fantasy with a New Orleans Flair
I am currently offering my urban fantasy novel 'Line of Sight' for only 99 cents - Buy from Smashwords and use Coupon Code CT92F
Come see why the book is getting such rave reviews! (Also available for kindle, nook, and iTunes, and as a paperback from Amazon)
Official Line of Sight Page

Return to “What are you currently reading?”