Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:42 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 2, 4.00 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 4.00 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 4.00 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 4.00 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 4.00 on the average.  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
What song is stuck in your head today? 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Tenured Professor

Post Re: What song is stuck in your head today?
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news ... ed-3024585

The chinese orchestra cover of Roar.

this was great.

Have you tried that? Looking for answers?
Or have you been content to be terrified of a thing you know nothing about?

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?

Confidence being an expectation built on past experience, evidence and extrapolation to the future. Faith being an expectation held in defiance of past experience and evidence.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:21 pm
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Tenured Professor

http://www.last.fm/music/Kim+Richey/_/A ... alled+Home

One of my favorites, Kim Richey, "A place called home".

Have you tried that? Looking for answers?
Or have you been content to be terrified of a thing you know nothing about?

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?

Confidence being an expectation built on past experience, evidence and extrapolation to the future. Faith being an expectation held in defiance of past experience and evidence.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:55 pm
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Master Debater

The song that is stuck in my head is from the Geiko commercial. The pig is on vacation and then goes to pay his bill but it says it is paid. Then he turns on his music and starts singing. I believe it is Boots and Pants, boots and pants, boots and pants.

Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:39 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Knows the secrets of the internetz

For some reason, it is Whitney Houston's "One Moment in Time."

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein

Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:49 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
So many e-books my reader is overweight!

"Let it Go" from Disney's Frozen. (I have two young daughters).

This was an easy question :)

Come see why the book is getting such rave reviews! (Also available for kindle, nook, and iTunes, and as a paperback from Amazon)
Official Line of Sight Page

Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:02 pm
Profile Email WWW
Master Debater

Right now I have the song Blurred Lines stuck in my head. It was the last song that was playing when I got out of the car tonight.

Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:21 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Knows the secrets of the internetz

It is "I am (We are) Australian," lyrics by Bruce Woodley and Dobe Newton, music by Bruce Woodley. I ran across this on you tube the other day and can't get it out of my head. :coco:

From what I have read, it has become an "alternative" national anthem to "Advance Australia Fair." The lyrics are a bit naïve, considering the Euro-Australians treatment of the native population (almost as bad as in the United States), :cry: :blush: but bespeak a hopeful future. The tune is upbeat and catchy. :appl:

To my Australian friends here on Book Talk, I mean no offiense. I have visited your beautiful country and only wish I could return for a more extensive stay. :)

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein

Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:47 am
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Sophomore

I have a feeling that at least one person around here will appreciate that song.

The following user would like to thank scrumfish for this post:
Cattleman
Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:09 pm
Profile ICQ
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Gold Contributor

Died far too soon :cry:

The following user would like to thank ant for this post:
Chris OConnor
Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:21 pm
Profile Email
Official Newbie!

For the longest time today I actually didn't have a song stuck in my head. Now, I have The Dresden Dolls' "Girl Anachronism" competing with Johnny Hollow's "Nova Heart". It's a really weird mix of songs.

And dreams begin to call
And when I watch them float,
I hold my sleeping breath, these secrets, hidden truths,
That live beyond my death.

-Human Lullaby- Johnny Hollow

Sun May 04, 2014 4:25 pm
Profile Email
Official Newbie!

Because I just came home from church, I have "Prepare Ye the Way of the Lord" from Godspell, but that's a song I use to help me focus on the positive.

I do have an intersting story on the "earworm," which is what I've heard the "stuck-in-your-head-song" called.

In my younger days, when I worked in a food packaging plant, I would "play" the sound track to "The Sound of Music" in my head to make the time on the line go faster. Once, the floor lady came by and talked to me about something while I was "playing" my soundtrack. When she left, the "record" had continued playing and was on the next song on the album.

I thought that was odd, until I read in a magazine article that a famous classical pianist had the same thing happen to him when he was interrupted rehearsing a piece of music. When he went back to the piece, the music in his head had advanced. I guess we need to figure out how to hit the "pause" button in our brains!

Sun May 18, 2014 12:58 pm
Profile Email
Pulitzer Prize Finalist

Ping Pong

Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:08 pm
Official Newbie!

Mac Demarco - Salad Days

Books published: At The Gates Of The Golden Sun (2014);

Instagram | Hello Poetry | Smashwords

Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:51 am
Profile Email WWW
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Pop up Book Fanatic

stay with me by Sam Smith.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:33 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
One with Books

Silver Contributor

that drummer is such a badass!

Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:09 pm
Profile Email
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 2, 4.00 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 4.00 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 4.00 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 4.00 on the average.Evaluations: 2, 4.00 on the average.  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next