• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Tempesta's Dream: Chapters 37 through 43

#127: Jan. - Mar. 2014 (Fiction)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

calaf68
Creative Writing Student

Re: Tempesta's Dream: Chapters 37 through 43

Unread post

Chapters 37-43

Now to the end.

The book, like a symphony, has been building to its conclusion.

I will just mention a few scenes which I love. The wedding, the visit to his father's tomb, the look across the street on his way to La Scala, when Giovanni realizes that Angelo's is closed, and of course, the final scene.

Nessun Dorma is, I believe, one of the greatest arias ever written. Due to the fact that we have heard it so often, the mystic is somewhat gone, but it still has the power to move the soul. This aria was how Giovanni ended every performance at Angelo's, and this aria is from the opera Alfredo was to sing at La Scala.

From the beginning, this was the first scene that came to me when this story came to life in my head. I never knew how I would get to the end, but I always knew how the book would end.

My last clip will be of the book trailer for the novel, which uses Nessun Dorma as the background music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLwGglMBOsk
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Australia

Re: Tempesta's Dream: Chapters 37 through 43

Unread post

calaf68 wrote:Chapters 37-43

Now to the end.

The book, like a symphony, has been building to its conclusion.

I will just mention a few scenes which I love. The wedding, the visit to his father's tomb, the look across the street on his way to La Scala, when Giovanni realizes that Angelo's is closed, and of course, the final scene.

Nessun Dorma is, I believe, one of the greatest arias ever written. Due to the fact that we have heard it so often, the mystic is somewhat gone, but it still has the power to move the soul. This aria was how Giovanni ended every performance at Angelo's, and this aria is from the opera Alfredo was to sing at La Scala.

From the beginning, this was the first scene that came to me when this story came to life in my head. I never knew how I would get to the end, but I always knew how the book would end.

My last clip will be of the book trailer for the novel, which uses Nessun Dorma as the background music.
Hi Chip, I really enjoyed the sense of building triumph in the conclusion. The respect and honour for Alfredo as a link to history and talent and culture comes through vividly, building upon his deep personal tragedy and sorrow for ambitions cruelly denied by fate.

The clip is well done, a good introduction to the book, illustrating how some greats of opera have been moved by this simple story of love and determination.

Return to “Tempesta's Dream: A Story of Love, Friendship and Opera - by Vincent B. "Chip" LoCoco”