• In total there are 19 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 19 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

WANTED: Non-Fiction Book Suggestions for our January, February & March Discussion

Collaborate in choosing our next NON-FICTION book for group discussion within this forum. A minimum of 5 posts is necessary to participate here!
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Re: WANTED: Non-Fiction Book Suggestions for our January, February & March Discussion

Unread post

:RockOn:
heledd
Doctorate

Re: WANTED: Non-Fiction Book Suggestions for our January, February & March Discussion

Unread post

Yes I am enjoying Why Nations Fail. Just one question. When we discuss a book, do you read it as you go along, or read it first and then re read to discuss? I cant seem to get this quite right. If I re read I often get bored, if I read as I go along, I get impatient and end up reading a few other books and lose interest
Life's a glitch and then you die - The Simpsons
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Australia

Unread post

heledd wrote:Yes I am enjoying Why Nations Fail. Just one question. When we discuss a book, do you read it as you go along, or read it first and then re read to discuss? I cant seem to get this quite right. If I re read I often get bored, if I read as I go along, I get impatient and end up reading a few other books and lose interest
I think it is best to write comments on a chapter or section of the book immediately when you have read it, and then only come back to reread the chapter if others also comment. People barely have time to read a book once, let alone twice. Discussions are prompted by immediate reactions as well as by more considered thoughts.
heledd
Doctorate

Unread post

Thanks Robert. I tend to wait till someone else has commented, but by then ive forgotten what Iwas going to say. By the way, I thought your name was just part of your avatar, but it seems not. What a lovely surname!
Life's a glitch and then you die - The Simpsons
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Let's go with Why Nations Fail. It is the most popular choice here. I'll create the forum right now. :-)

Return to “What non-fiction book should we read and discuss next?”