• In total there are 8 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Seeking honest opinions on my totally absurd novel …

An open-minded and nonjudgmental place for sharing your personal writing, seeking feedback, and reading and discussing the writing of your fellow members.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
cada
Official Newbie!

Seeking honest opinions on my totally absurd novel …

Unread post

Hey everyone, I'm looking for some advance opinions on my novel before I publish. My blurb is below, please email me at [email protected] if you're interested, and I will send you a free copy of my 75,000-word manuscript. Thanks!

The Alpha and the Omega: An absurd philosophical tale about God, the end of the world, and what’s on the other planets.

Monday, March 30, 2015 begins like any other day for Zack, a devout atheist with a profitable appointment as an equity fund manager at a top Wall Street firm. He squeezes into the last seat on the subway car and does not say anything to the man sitting next to him selfishly hogging all the space. He grabs a coffee at his favorite newsstand and heads to his office. And later, his eyes wander to the photo of his dead parents on the corner of his desk.

However, a few minutes after the closing bell, a most unusual thing happens. The true and living God of Heaven and Earth walks into Zack’s office and declares that he is real, that he is ending the world and turning Earth into the new Heaven, and that Zack may stay, despite his atheism, because he was a good person.

Once Zack gets his bearings in the stunning dreamscape that is God’s new kingdom on Earth, God introduces him to Lilly, a headstrong former-lawyer for the poor who also once worshipped at the church of the faithless. Together, they explore paradise’s many wonders large and small, such as telepathy, the cloud cities, and never needing to use a bathroom. In this, they find a measure of happiness. However, not everything is as it seems, as it may turn out that God has a reason for not revealing what he keeps on the other planets … and there just might be more than one deity in the universe.

The Alpha and the Omega is a satiric, post-apocalyptic love story. It’s an absurd philosophical tale. It’s a James Cameron-style, Hollywood-blockbuster, sci-fi/action movie waiting to be made. And it will answer all of your deepest questions about the meaning of life and will reveal all of the universe’s wildest, most incredible secrets. I promise.
Brooks127
Senior
United States of America

Re: Seeking honest opinions on my totally absurd novel …

Unread post

I read over your synopsis. I like the story. Interesting to say the least, and sounds like it has some humor.

I'm a writer myself and have started a small epublishing business named Laptiast that you can pronounce anyway like as long as its correct.

Not sure if your wanting to go the epub route, but thought I would throw it out there in case you were thinking about it along with your quest for a print publisher.

Anyway, visit my site http://www.brookskohler.com/ and send me a copy of your story via my email address on the contact page.

If anything, I would like to read it and maybe promote it some. It's always good to make a connection.

Good luck!
--Brooks
Last edited by Brooks127 on Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Creative Writing”