• In total there are 14 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 14 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

A Shared Favorite Poet

A platform to express and share your enthusiasm and passion for poetry. What are your treasured poems and poets? Don't hesitate to showcase the poems you've penned yourself!
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

A Shared Favorite Poet

Unread post

I just discovered yesterday that my son and I share a favorite poet - Rudyard Kipling. :)

Just wondereing; do any of you and a friend, parent, child, sibling or spouse share a 'favorite poet'? :?
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
Saffron

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I can has reading?
United States of America

Re: A Shared Favorite Poet

Unread post

Cattleman wrote:I just discovered yesterday that my son and I share a favorite poet - Rudyard Kipling. :)

Just wondereing; do any of you and a friend, parent, child, sibling or spouse share a 'favorite poet'? :?
My daughters and I have several poets that we love. Here is our list of poets that we have in common as favorites: Emily Dickinson, Mary Oliver, Robert Frost and Lee Young-Li.
GaryG48
Sophomore

Unread post

Edgar Allen Poe. I am cheating a bit. Poe is in my top five, Frost is my number one, but Poe my son's fav and has been for at least 20 years.
--Gary

"Freedom is feeling easy in your harness" --Robert Frost
Afira555
Official Newbie!

Unread post

in my free time i read poetry but its not my favorite....
i like romantic poetry just
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

Sometimes readers think that the speaker's mistress is portrayed as hideous, with "wires" for hair and breath that "reeks." A teacher once told us that both words didn't have such a negative connotation for Elizabethans. So, his mistress may still actually be a "looker," and what we have is the poet making fun of the extravagance of the comparisons used in conventional love poems, the "false compare" of the last line.
froglipz

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Brilliant
United States of America

Unread post

My daughters and I share a love of Shel Silverstein and A A Milne. There are other poems we have in common, but those are the only poets.

DWill, as I was reading down, that was what I was going to say about that sonnet, but you beat me to it :yes:
~froglipz~

"I'm not insane, my mother had me tested"

Si vis pacem, para bellum: If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

Return to “A Passion for Poetry”