• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Ch. 3: The Great Panic

#108: July - Sept. 2012 (Fiction)
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Re: Ch. 3: The Great Panic

Unread post

The book doesn't tell where the virus comes from either.

I hope you are using the word zombie here as a metaphore. A comparison to the way people behave, because obviously there are no real life zombies.

Zombies do make a good analogy for the mob mentality, though. Especially newer zombie movies which have them being as fast and agile as they were in life. You can imagine what it would be like to be some minority which is hated strongly by the rest of society, like african americans were unfortunately put through in the days of lynching.

Welcome to the forums, Gorin!
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
Gorin
Official Newbie!

Re: Ch. 3: The Great Panic

Unread post

Of course a metaphor! Otherwise the book or the movie would lose all meaning. If you understand these books literally, they can throw.
Of course everything in life is much more complicated. The film simply exterminate zombies.
In the life of ... I do not know what to do with people who are like zombies. Can they become men. Or rather, the people around them are forced to become a "zombie"?

Return to “World War Z - by Max Brooks”