• In total there are 26 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 26 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 813 on Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:52 pm

Hello From Sunny Florida, I'm New and Excited To Be Here!

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
notepro
Getting Comfortable

Hello From Sunny Florida, I'm New and Excited To Be Here!

Unread post

Hello everyone!

My name is Chris and I live in Florida. I'm a guy. Sometimes I go by the handle "notepro" so I decided to use that here.

I am very much a people person and I absolutely love ideas and discussions. I get really excited when I learn something new.

If you met me in real life you would see that I almost constantly have a book in my hand, or at least right beside me. If I have a couple of spare minutes as far as I'm concerned that's a good time to read.

I also write a lot. I write down ideas I have, poetry, short stories, parables, you name it. I never know when my muse will visit, so I generally have at least a pen and a piece of paper in my pocket.

I have written a book, but I will introduce it in the proper area :)

Most of what I read is nonfiction, although I do enjoy science fiction and the occasional Tom Clancy book. I am particularly interested in ancient Greek history, mythology, the history of money and banking, technology, science, and entrepreneurship. I'll also do goofy stuff like break out a Calculus book (just because) or try to learn a new language (why not?). The bottom line is I like to learn.

It's very dangerous to take me to a used book store. I may not make it out again.

I am an entrepreneur myself. Aside from when I made a conscious decision to work for a nonprofit for one year, I've always had my own business. My last one was a commercial printing and prepress operation which I started and ran for 17 years.

Now I'm semi-retired and focussing on my writing. I think it will be fun to see what it's like being a published author. I truly hope to make a difference in the lives of others through my writing. I guess time will tell if I'm successful in my efforts...

I've had fun posting some of my writing on a site which I list in my sig file. I write there under the name Bach, and have close to 1000 people that follow me, so I guess people find my writing interesting.

I'm very new to forums though, so please forgive me if I make a mistake here. I certainly do not wish to offend anyone.

Take care!

Chris
Chris Humphreys
Author of "Four Seasons, Four Lessons: A Parable About Changing One's Fortune"
This is a simple tale with profound lessons about value, growth, leverage, and wealth.

I also write here under the pen name "Bach".
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Hello From Sunny Florida, I'm New and Excited To Be Here!

Unread post

Great intro!

But the best part is that you're named "Chris." There are a lot of really amazing people named Chris out there. ;-)

Welcome to the community!
notepro
Getting Comfortable

Re: Hello From Sunny Florida, I'm New and Excited To Be Here!

Unread post

Thank you for the warm welcome Chris and for creating such a great place to discuss books. And yes, there are a lot of amazing Chris' out there--a lot of amazing people in general I think, lol.

My hope is to be able to meet, interact, and exchange ideas with as many as I can! :)
Chris Humphreys
Author of "Four Seasons, Four Lessons: A Parable About Changing One's Fortune"
This is a simple tale with profound lessons about value, growth, leverage, and wealth.

I also write here under the pen name "Bach".

Return to “Everything Else”