• In total there are 9 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 9 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Rita Mosiman Presents… The Old Fence

A platform to express and share your enthusiasm and passion for poetry. What are your treasured poems and poets? Don't hesitate to showcase the poems you've penned yourself!
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Gillianfx
Permanent Ink Finger

Rita Mosiman Presents… The Old Fence

Unread post

THE OLD FENCE

The old fence
And morning glories
Bring sweet memories
Of days gone by

I remember the smiles
Of grandparents and friends
The fresh, clear mornings
Of days gone by

The old fence
May hold some secrets
Best left behind
Of days gone by

Now fall approaches
Morning glories soon past
Fall leaves speak too
Of days gone by.

Each passing season gives us something wondrous to see and to feel. Is it the old fence alone or is it the old fence with the morning glories that sparked a frenzy of memories? I don’t really know, though I think it’s the beautiful combination. What’s important is that the memories were sparked and a warm feeling ensued. There’s something about getting out in the natural world that touches our spirits, that balances our lives and connects us to loved ones who’ve transitioned and loved ones who are still with us.

Photo of morning glories against the fence http://www.plaintalkbm.com/the-old-fence/

Return to “A Passion for Poetry”