• In total there are 29 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 29 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

Do you like Horror movies?

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
lisaadams
Getting Comfortable

Re: Do you like Horror movies?

Unread post

I agree with Moondarlin - I enjoy horror movies - but I prefer the ghosty ones and not the slasher type string-em-up by the cojones before cutting them off types. Halloween (the original Jamie Lee Curtis wearing clogs version) kind of cross-genres in that regard and I really liked it. The Ring was good but then the horror directors got all into using that goofy - looks like the main character or ghost is having a seizure - type of imagery which became boring. I enjoyed American Werewolf in London - it was great.
Sue Salisbury
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Can't stand them.
Sue Salisbury
Maui Hawaii
bogerty
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I love to watch Horror Movies, All the parts of Evil dead was Awesome.
mockingbird
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Unread post

The Thing - The Shining - Jaws - whenever they're on I'll sit and watch and be reminded of the teenager I once was.
uod_sa_libro
Experienced

Unread post

The Exorcism of Emily Rose was really scary for me. Most of the horror stories I've seen were just good for relieving stress (scream-out fest) or criticizing the characters (pretty female protagonist with a psycho targeting her; bf to the rescue, etc).
Books are a uniquely portable magic. ~Stephen King
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

I liked that Emily rose left you in the air a bit about what really happened with her.
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
ERBaine
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Normally no, but for some reason I do gravitate towards Stephen King. I like horror but not the gore. So movies like 1408, It, Rose Red, anything Stephen King I like. I find that Drag Me To Hell was awesome. And a classic that I really love though some may not consider it a horror movie is The Ghost and Mrs. Muir. I have stayed clear of watching Freddy Kruger movies, Friday The 13th, and Paranormal Activity. I'm more of a Science Fiction fan.
T D Matzenik
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

Well . . . there are Horror Movies, and there are Horror Movies. I like interesting cinema, and that includes Horror. The genre goes back to the beginning of moving pictures. I have DVDs of Nosferatu, The Phantom of the Opera, The Cabinet of Dr Caligari, and Der Golem; all silent movies. One aspect of movie making that interest me is the style. I watch a movie as much for lighting and camera angles as I do for content. So Horror is right in there. I liked The Exorcist, Night of the Living Dead and Invasion of the Body Snatchers. But I also like B grade monster movies.
An unwritten contract exists between the directors and writers of Horror movies, and their audience. The team will horrify you only to the extent that you are sitting in a cinema or watching the tube. They will not horrify you in such a way that you become totally disgusted with humanity and terminally depressed, which is not that hard to do if you look around at what is going down in the world today.
Brooks127
Senior
United States of America

Unread post

Although I find their content to be disturbing, if I had to watch horror films, I would prefer to watch movies made in the 1970s. There is simply too much watering down today.
doddergo
Master Debater

Unread post

Watch Sinister greatest horror movie of all time. I am the biggest horror movie fan around. The writing and ideas for this movie were great.

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”