• In total there are 22 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 22 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

The Day Of The Triffids- John Wyndham

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
littlebookworm
Getting Comfortable

The Day Of The Triffids- John Wyndham

Unread post

This is a great book, first published in 1951. It is about a man who, after being blindfolded by bandages for two weeks, wakes up to find he is one of the few who can actually see. Everyone else has been blinded by a wonderful,( not to mention dangerously bright), meteor shower. With almost the whole population of humanity across the world blind the triffids, huge carnivorus plants that the main character thinks are the result of biological meddling gone wrong, may finally have there chance.
I am really enjoying it, but due to the fact it was written so long ago i'm struggling to fully grasp it. The very intersting thing about the book is that it is set in the future, but a future invisioned in 1951, so to John Wyndham 2013 is something that he wont even be around for. The references are very 20th century because, for an example, he never thought for a moment how things would change. Such as feet, yards and iches wheras we now more commonly use cm m and km.
I would really reccomend this book to level six and above readers, go on i really think you'll enjoy!

Return to “What are you currently reading?”