• In total there are 9 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 9 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

YAY! A forum all about books!

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
krinkles
Getting Comfortable

YAY! A forum all about books!

Unread post

Hiya

Well this looks very much like my kind of forum and although I will be on intermittently, I am looking forward to browsing through and meeting other readers!

I'm a female, originally from Australia but currently living in the UK. I absolutely love reading but another favourite hobby is geocaching, which you could probably say I am addicted to. I will read most genres but tend to steer away from romance and science fiction (although Stephen King, Dean Koontz and James Patterson could tempt me)
Believe it or not, I found this forum when I Googled for the condensed version of the Rime of the Ancient Mariner that I once read and could remember only 85% of it. And here I am! :)
Rajesh
Wearing Out Library Card

Re: YAY! A forum all about books!

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk, krinkles!! :)
“Her blood is settled, and her joints are stiff;
Life and these lips have long been separated:
Death lies on her like an untimely frost
Upon the sweetest flower of all the field.”
krinkles
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Thank you :)
Brooks127
Senior
United States of America

Unread post

Nice to meet you.
krinkles
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Thank you! I am glad to be here
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

G'day kirnkles. :wink: I was in your home country about 20 years ago and loved it. Wanting to get back, but who knows. :?

Welcome to Book Talk, you will find a lot of friendly folks here (one or two grouches), but mostly a nice bunch. It can be a bit intimidating at first, but dive right in, you will find something to interest you.

I have to admit, I had no idea what geocaching was, but I Googled the term and now know enough about it to be dangerous. :lol:

I am a retirned lawyer who currently raises beef cattle and am trying to write my first novel. Wish me luck. :)
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
krinkles
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Thanks Cattleman! I certainly wish you luck in your new venture. :)

Yeah, Australia is nice but I am definitely enjoying living in London. It is my second time here (first time for 2.5 yrs and now I have been here for nearly 2 years) and I could happily live here a while longer, yet.

Thank you for the lovely welcome. I will browse with caution ;)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk.org. :-)

I'm not familiar with geocaching and after reading about it I'm still confused. Do you head to certain coordinates to find actual physical coins and log books to sign? Or is this all done electronically?
krinkles
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Thanks, Chris! You find physical containers and logs therein. It's a great way to get outdoors and also to find new places :)

Return to “Everything Else”