• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Getting stuck

A forum for authors, as well as aspiring authors, to connect, network, and converse about all facets of writing, publishing, and promotion.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
PrincessFiona
Official Newbie!

Getting stuck

Unread post

I've been writing in stops and starts, which is just normal for me with my busy family life. As i approach the end of my first rough draft though, I'm finding myself uninspired. Maybe uninspired is the wrong word...I'm just so eager to be done that I am having trouble getting motivated to finish my writing. During the time that I set aside for myself, I basically fantasize about being finished and working through the edits. I fantasize about being completely done and producing the final product.

Does anyone else do this? How do you get it together and focus on your story again?

Kris
SkywardGnost
Finally Comfortable

Re: Getting stuck

Unread post

When it comes to motivation there are different methods. But what works for me the best is just doing it in bits and pieces (like you said).

15 minutes a day, then twenty, and so on.
DontDietJustThinkcom
Official Newbie!

Re: Getting stuck

Unread post

I have written the majority of my two books using an audio recorder. I record in my car. I record when going on long runs. I then type it up. It is hard for me to just sit and write.
George A. Diamond
Author of the Books:
"Don't Diet! Just Think And Get Thin"
Visit http://www.DontDietJustThink.com

"Nibbles of Encouragement"
Visit http://www.NibblesOfEncouragement.com

Return to “Author's Lounge”