• In total there are 18 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 17 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Amiable reader / Literary snob

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
blackwhiteandgray
Getting Comfortable

Amiable reader / Literary snob

Unread post

I am male, from the West Coast, USA. I enjoy reading (that's why I am here, after all) and exploring nature.

My book interests lean more toward "literary" and, while I peruse most genres with an open-mind, I tend to have sort of snobbish tastes; I'm picky when it comes to style and openings. Those types of books beginning with "a hook" will oftentimes not hook me. I don't enjoy "book tricks" or "popcorn style reading."

As we live in the Age of the Image, I see that tragic trend of explicit transitions, telling us a story as if it's a film. And the art of storytelling seems to be eroding from the mainstream literature hitting shelves. Publishing houses will more than often aim for what makes the most money; it's particularly why I avoid Young Adult and Romance.

I found BookTalk.org by a google search.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Amiable reader / Literary snob

Unread post

Welcome to the community. :-)

Return to “Everything Else”