Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:24 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average. 
for me books and music are my entertainment 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Post for me books and music are my entertainment
i've always loved music... all kinds of music, when i was 12 we moved to orange county, ca and i didn't have much of a music sense at that time, it was around the time that M-TV was just beginning and the very first band i ever heard was.......... Twisted Sister, and that thrust me into the Heavy Metal scene with my cousins, but but as they got more into metal, i started searching for other music, got into Rock, Pop, Hip Hop, CLassical, Opera, Jazz, Blues, I Mostly love Vinyl Records over cd's, my favorite bands are Poison, Bob Sager, The Cure, Pink Floyd, The Cars, Culture Club, Beach Boys, The Carpenters, Britney Spears, Hilary Duff, Kelly Clarkson, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Beethoven, Motzart, Bach, Miles Davis, B.B. King, ect..........

I was more of a T.V. show or movie person, used to never read books, then one day i was walking around the bookstore, saw the mark twain book "the adventures of Huckleberry Finn... and since then i've been in love with reading, since reading that book, I've read Tom Sawyer, War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells, A lot of Nora Roberts books, Books by Tara Hyland, biography books, documentary books, basically any book i could get my hands on . I've even stopped watching t.v. or movies, completely, and i always carry a book with me wherever i go....

hope everyone has a great week

blessed be

The following user would like to thank Book Fanatic for this post:
day_dream
Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:39 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Getting Comfortable

Post Re: for me books and music are my entertainment
i couldn't agree more about entertainment! (i'd add writing in there at the front, though lol)
you have a wonderful week as well! turn your music up loud whenever you get the chance :-)

Proverbs 11:29
http://www.arirjames.wordpress.com

Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:14 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

thank you.... and hope you have a great week as well..... till we talk again...

blessed be

P.S. keep up with the music, and the reading, life is short so enjoy every moment :)

Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:06 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Official Newbie!

I agree. I had free cable in college, but when I moved to the city for a job, I never signed up for television. I enjoy not paying for it, and I enjoy all the extra time I have read books. Television is very distracting; even if you are not particularly interested in it, you find yourself watching it and it takes little bites out of your day. These can add up to missing out on a great book, and losing an appreciation for some of the finer things in life.

Author of the hit* book, The Song and the Pendant

*classification of "hit" not based on any sales data, or anything at all for that matter.

Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:47 pm
Profile Email WWW

So true ..... I agree completely

Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:52 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Pop up Book Fanatic

Book Fanatic wrote:
So true ..... I agree completely

I couldn't agree with you more,I hardly ever watch t.v. I would rather read a book or listen to music,unless one of my favorite shows is on.

Thu May 02, 2013 11:28 am
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Pop up Book Fanatic

It all depends on my mood.

There are days when I want to stay home all day and stay up all night to finish a novel. BUT, when I am skipping work, I have to watch a movie at the cinema. I think it all started when I skipped work for the first time to watch the first Harry Potter movie...

Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:43 am
Profile Email
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.