• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Hi. New member with new book on Amazon

A forum for authors, as well as aspiring authors, to connect, network, and converse about all facets of writing, publishing, and promotion.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
RLC01
Official Newbie!

Hi. New member with new book on Amazon

Unread post

Hello All,

My name is Richard and have recently published a contemporary fantasy novel on Amazon. Here's a synopsis:

The Earth’s True Children is a mythical tragedy featuring an element of science fiction/fantasy, set in an ancient time akin to that of the classical Greek era - Founded by a group of separatists who had become disenchanted with the decadence rife in the other six great northern city-states of the world, the city of Anaxagorus and its citizens pride themselves on their crusade for knowledge and moral adherence. Hylax, the son of Heracon – the late but still revered pioneer of the city – has grown tired of government and seeks a simple life. Struggling to deal with his obligation to his father’s legacy and his own feelings of disillusionment with mankind, he tries to find a way of satisfying himself and his people. But when his old confidant, Abenader, returns half-dead from the desert and a person dear to him is murdered, a conspiracy threatens to usurp his authority.

Meanwhile, an age-old species has emerged from the confines of the earth. They have seen the future and know where man’s corrupting and insatiable desire to plunder its resources will lead. At once an intimate and epic study of power, 'The Earth's True Children' examines humanity at its best and its worst.

I hope that this might appeal to some of you. I'm looking forward to meeting you and being active on this website - it looks very impressive.

Thanks and Regards

Richard

Return to “Author's Lounge”