• In total there are 12 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 12 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Getting the hang of this!

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
GaryTheGear
Getting Comfortable

Re: Getting the hang of this!

Unread post

I do enjoy the E-book revolution! It's gives aspiring writers a platform that didn't exist before. You can actually write a decent story, get your book published, and reach readers out there who would of never found you before. I love it! Welcome! I am a super noobie at this site and with writing as well!
Emma Clark Lam
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

GaryTheGear wrote:I do enjoy the E-book revolution! It's gives aspiring writers a platform that didn't exist before. You can actually write a decent story, get your book published, and reach readers out there who would of never found you before. I love it! Welcome! I am a super noobie at this site and with writing as well!
Yes I quite agree with you! All hail the ebook revolution! Have you published one yet?
Emma Clark Lam
Blogger and author of Kindle book, A Sister for Margot
"Such an enjoyable read and the quality of the writing was what made it so. I could not put it down..." - Amazon review

Emma's blog
GaryTheGear
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I am pushing a short story though Amazon right now. It is super short, but it was something I just had to let out and write about. It's not directly about the movie theatre shooting in Aurora, but sort of tied into a similiar incident. I just wrote a quick story about two people enjoying the movie they wanted to see and how things went wrong fast for them. My hope is to open up people's eyes and realize how tragic an active shooter event is and that truly innocent people get caught in the midst of a monster they have no chance of defeating. Sad/depressing stuff (sorry!)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Gary, if you'd like to share your short story on the forums I'm sure you'd get some readers here. We do have a Short Stories forum. :-)

Return to “Everything Else”