• In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Free book promotion

An open-minded and nonjudgmental place for sharing your personal writing, seeking feedback, and reading and discussing the writing of your fellow members.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
authorKerryLConnelly
Getting Comfortable

Free book promotion

Unread post

Hi all :)
As I'm currently embarking upon my 1st book release (due out very soon) does anyone have any other suggestions of where you can promote your book for free on the internet?
JeremyBenson
Gaining experience

Re: Free book promotion

Unread post

Sure do. Google Plus is amazing. I'm a member of a number of groups with member numbers is the thousands. Don't forget to sign up for FaceBook, and utilize Twitter. Twitter can act like a mailing list, but be sure to use the tweeting etiquette of the pros. Also try to maintain your own blog, as that will help you connect with readers, but you have to promote that too.

Google Plus groups are my favs along with forums like Book Talk.

Also you can always let me know when your book is done, I'd be happy to blog about it if I like it, as I love doing honorable mentions on material that I find interesting.
Check out 'Philosophies of Self-Publishing: Better Business' a truly unique read for self-publishing enthusiasts.
Amazon USA
Amazon Canada
Also my site:
http://www.jeremy-benson.com
JeremyBenson
Gaining experience

Unread post

Also you may want to consider advertising with AdWords, as they allow you to pick your funding. You could set it at 20$ for a month, and you will be placed for 20$ worth of clicks I believe..

Also if you really want to reach people consider at least one paid advertisement on a site. I know that these spaces can cost $200-500 dollars or more... but if you can get the money for a decently cheap ad space imagine all the people that will be reached while your ad is on the front page a popular site.

Don't forget to use word of mouth too. You have a few friends that would post your link in their FaceBook status if you asked them? Be sure to do it :)
Check out 'Philosophies of Self-Publishing: Better Business' a truly unique read for self-publishing enthusiasts.
Amazon USA
Amazon Canada
Also my site:
authorKerryLConnelly
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Thanks for your reply! well I'm going to take you up on one things straight up...would you like to come and join me on facebook :)
www.facebook.com/authorKerryLouiseConnelly
I'd love the support and would happily agrree to you blogging if you would like to.

I'm on goodreads.com search title or author Observation City kerry louise connelly

I just cant get into twitter but i love google plus, fb and goodreads. authorKLC on google plus - i would love to follow your blog.

www.kerrylconnelly.wix.com/authorklc
JeremyBenson
Gaining experience

Unread post

Circled on Google Plus, don't use FaceBook. I believe I got ya right on there, from Australia?

Feel free to circle and offer some details so I can blog. I'm quite active in a few groups, and blogging goes quite well :)
Amazon USA
Amazon Canada
Also my site:

Return to “Creative Writing”