Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:00 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average. 
Suggestions for setting up an Author's Showcase at the library 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Getting Comfortable

Post Suggestions for setting up an Author's Showcase at the library
Hello all,

I recently made a date (March 12th) to set up a table at my local library to help showcase my book for their "Children's Author Showcase". I have never done anything like this and would love some ideas on how to make my table inviting and fun for kids and parents. Of course I have the actual book but aside from that, what would be some items to pass out? Display? Should I frame up some of the illustrations or pass out stickers? There is a Chinese theme to the book. Any suggestions would be very helpful. I am a wee bit nervous about doing this!

Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:55 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
All Star Member

Post Re: Suggestions for setting up an Author's Showcase at the library
Hi Denio Press

I've never done an Author's Showcase either but since you haven't had any responses yet I thought I'd make a couple of suggestions. To attract children to your table perhaps some cup cakes or sweets (snakes!) and a couple of little rubber toys that look like a Chinese Lion if you can find any. I'm assuming here that you are targeting young children. For older children perhaps a simple quiz they could fill out for a small prize. Hope this helps.

Attachments:
Missing_in_Egypt_Cover_for_Booktalk.jpg
Missing_in_Egypt_Cover_for_Booktalk.jpg [ 12.78 KiB | Viewed 1010 times ]

Dangerous Liaisons
The Poinciana Tree
Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:13 pm
Profile Email WWW
Getting Comfortable

Hi Rita,

Yes! That is a great idea. Its the year of the snake and I could use that as part of the Chinese theme. I am also near San Francisco's Chinatown and could find some little trinkets for a song. I appreciate your suggestions. I think emphasizing China could be fun and educational too. I am also going to photocopy some illustrations in black and white and pass out a red crayon to color the doll (Ching is a doll wearing a red robe). Thank you for your response! I think this could be fun.

Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:47 pm
Profile Email
All Star Member

Glad to be of some help! Enjoy your showcase - hope it goes well.

Dangerous Liaisons
The Poinciana Tree

Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:19 pm
Profile Email WWW
Getting Comfortable

Thank you again Rita!

Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:36 pm
Profile Email
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.