• In total there are 16 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 16 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 836 on Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:57 pm

Put on your dress, cool the Champagne... it is Oscar night!

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Aomame
Book Nut

Re: Put on your dress, cool the Champagne... it is Oscar night!

Unread post

Jennifer Lawrence!
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

Aomame wrote:Uhh, so what is your pick on the best actress, best movie and so on?
i haven't really seen any of these properly (all the way through) except "Django Unchained" and "Skyfall" so i have not much to relate to in all of this.

i've been mainly watching old pre '63 stuff. i accidently downloaded several episodes of "kleiner roter tractor" which seemed quite well done! :lol:

oh and watching some old old twilight zone eps.
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

oh, i see the oscars will be on australian telly tonight 9:30, i will be asleep no doubt and miss the whole thing.
Last edited by youkrst on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aomame
Book Nut

Unread post

Kleiner roter Traktor? I just had to look that up - I have never seen it.

I missed the last part, but as I was only seeing the livestream from ABC where the happening was discussed but not fully shown, it was not too much fun. Maybe next year!
Currently Reading:
Orhan Pamuk: My Name is Red/G.K. Chesterton: The Man Who Was Thursday/Jared Diamond: The World Until Yesterday/Bill Lauritzen: the Invention of God/Michail Bulgakow: The Master and Margarita/Laurence Sterne: Tristram Shandy/Leonardo Padura: The Havana Quartet/Thomas Mann: The Buddenbrooks: The Decline of a Family/Robert Rowland Smith: Breakfast with Socrates

Recently Finished:
Baratunde Thurston: How to Be Black/Norah Vincent: Self-Made Man/Elizabeth George: Well-Schooled in Murder

New on the shelf:
John Jeremiah Sullivan: Pulphead/Alex Vilenkin: Many Worlds in One/Leo Tolstoy: War and Peace/Joseph Conrad: Lord Jim/Neil Shubin: Your Inner Fish/Penn Jillette: Everyday Day is an Atheist Holiday
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

i caught seth, joseph and daniel doing their little musical number and that was enough for me.... off to bed :D i probably missed a great show.
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Unread post

After spending two long days watching all nine best movie nominees, I was excited to watch the Acadamy awards. Also excited that my favorite movie won!
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :congrats4: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Unread post

I went to an Oscar party one year. I found a prom dress at Goodwill. Maybe I will put it on when I rent a movie and pretend I am at the premeer. Have my husband and kids yell and take pictures as I walk down the carpet to the couch.
Olivia22
Freshman

Unread post

Lol Suzanne!
-
I had dvr'd the awards to watch later. I just finish them a little bit ago. From the way people were talking I thought Seth had done and awful job but I thought he did great. Had me and the fiance laughing out loud several times plus I loved all the musical numbers. Most of pics were right except for best movie. I thought Lincoln would win that. I knew Daniel Day Lewis would win best actor but I was hoping that either Hugh Jackman or Bradley Cooper would win.
Aomame
Book Nut

Unread post

Next year, I will send out an invitation a couple of days before, and than we can put on all our dresses and celebrate a remote Oscar's party (incl. guessing who is going to win - the best guesser wins a price and has to give an acceptance speak via skype). (I skipped the dress this year but did wear one a couple of years earlier - and my husband mad fun of me :-(
Currently Reading:
Orhan Pamuk: My Name is Red/G.K. Chesterton: The Man Who Was Thursday/Jared Diamond: The World Until Yesterday/Bill Lauritzen: the Invention of God/Michail Bulgakow: The Master and Margarita/Laurence Sterne: Tristram Shandy/Leonardo Padura: The Havana Quartet/Thomas Mann: The Buddenbrooks: The Decline of a Family/Robert Rowland Smith: Breakfast with Socrates

Recently Finished:
Baratunde Thurston: How to Be Black/Norah Vincent: Self-Made Man/Elizabeth George: Well-Schooled in Murder

New on the shelf:
John Jeremiah Sullivan: Pulphead/Alex Vilenkin: Many Worlds in One/Leo Tolstoy: War and Peace/Joseph Conrad: Lord Jim/Neil Shubin: Your Inner Fish/Penn Jillette: Everyday Day is an Atheist Holiday

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”