• In total there are 21 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 20 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Anyone watch "Mankind" on the History Channel?

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Dexter

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I dumpster dive for books!
United States of America

Anyone watch "Mankind" on the History Channel?

Unread post

I've only watched about 2 of the 12 hours so far, but it's really well done

http://www.history.com/shows/mankind-th ... -all-of-us
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Re: Anyone watch "Mankind" on the History Channel?

Unread post

Is that the one that had people like Brian Williams and others that weren't exactly experts talking? I watched one of the segments but didn't get into it. If I need to give it another chance, let me know when you've seen more.
Dexter

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I dumpster dive for books!
United States of America

Re: Anyone watch "Mankind" on the History Channel?

Unread post

DWill wrote:Is that the one that had people like Brian Williams and others that weren't exactly experts talking? I watched one of the segments but didn't get into it. If I need to give it another chance, let me know when you've seen more.
Yes, Brian Williams and some others make some banal comments. I like that you get a good, although inevitably superficial, overview of world history. And I thought the visuals, both actors and computer animations, are very impressive.

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”