• In total there are 16 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 16 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Finally found a book club??

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
hjaynes
Official Newbie!

Finally found a book club??

Unread post

Hey guys! I've been wanting to find an online book club for quite some time....did I come to the right place?!
I've never been a member of a forum before so I'm a little confused as to how to navigate this website...but time will tell!
I'm Holly, 26 year old girl living in Colorado. Brand new to the state, moved here in September.
I am admittedly really into "Chick flick" type books written by Nicholas Sparks and Jodi Picoult, etc. but am always up for something new. Just recently read "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" and LOVED it. I seem to be pulled toward young adult fiction often, but not the Twilight type. I really liked "Before I Fall" by Lauren Oliver if that helps.
Now....I'm gonna try to figure out how to find a topic to be involved in!
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Re: Finally found a book club??

Unread post

Hello Holly and welcome to BookTalk!
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk.org, Holly. :-)
kelstan

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Intern

Unread post

Welcome to the forum, Holly.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

Welcome Holly, and don't worry. You will find a topic or two to discuss before you know it. And since you like young adult fiction you might try the "Leviathan" trilogy by Scott Westerfeld. It is steampunk and alternate hisotry with a teen romance in the mix.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein

Return to “Everything Else”