• In total there are 14 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 14 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 837 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:15 am

Official Poll - July/August Book of the Month(s)

Collaborate in choosing our next NON-FICTION book for group discussion within this forum. A minimum of 5 posts is necessary to participate here!
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

The time has come for us to cast our votes for our July and August book selection! Please...if you do not plan on reading along and participating in the discussions do NOT cast a vote. BookTalk is a book discussion community, not just a book reading community. Seriously, please skip the poll if you have no intention of participating on the boards or at least in the chat room.And to make sure this is fair it is VERY important that you let me know what book you voted for. Your vote will be kept secret if you email me, but if you don't mind people knowing just post your choice on this thread. Remember - your vote will NOT count if you do not send me an email telling me your BookTalk name and what book you selected. [email protected] So what would you like to read during July and August of 2003?These are all excellent books for us to read, so please realize that just because you can only select one book for July and August doesn't mean we won't include the other books on future polls.Results (total votes = 18):Stephen Pinker - "The Blank Slate"&nbsp10 / 55.6%&nbsp Alan H. Guth - "Inflationary Universe"&nbsp2 / 11.1%&nbsp Noam Chomsky - "Neccessary Illusions"&nbsp3 / 16.7%&nbsp Carl Sagan - "Pale Blue Dot"&nbsp3 / 16.7%&nbsp 
xilog

Unread post

I voted for the Chomsky.Roger Jones
curttheprophet

Re: Official Poll - July/August Book of the Month(s)

Unread post

I voted for the Pinker book. Curt.
Timothy Schoonover

Unread post

I voted for Blank Slate.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

I voted for Pinker.PS Whoever voted for Carl Sagans book please send me an email and let me know. Thanks! [email protected] Chris
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

3 people didn't either send me an email or post on this thread about which book they selected. Please be sure to do so if you're one of the 3. Thanks. [email protected] am missing 2 names that voted for Pinkers book, and 1 that voted for Sagans. Chris "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been, and there you will always want to be."  -- Leonardo da Vinci
ZachSylvanus
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Unread post

Pinker
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

I'm still missing an email or a post from 3 people who voted for Pinkers book and 1 that voted for Pale Blue Dot.Chris "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been, and there you will always want to be."  -- Leonardo da VinciEdited by: Chris OConnor  at: 6/16/03 5:20 pm
Louis42

Unread post

Sorry about that, I hadn't read the full instructions...lazy me...I voted for the Pinker.Louis
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Thanks Louis! Chris "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been, and there you will always want to be."  -- Leonardo da Vinci

Return to “What non-fiction book should we read and discuss next?”