• In total there are 11 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 11 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Salmon Fishing in the Yemen by Paul Torday

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
TheWriter
Master Debater

Salmon Fishing in the Yemen by Paul Torday

Unread post

Halfway through this book an I love it!

The title got me to buy it. The humor in it really hits home with me.

It's about a rich Yemeni (is that the correct word? sounds like something from Star Trek...) who wants help from the British fishing authorities to introduce Salmon fishing in the Yemen.

What a wonderful way to illustrate the situation many of us employed in big organizations find ourselves in. Having to engage in a downright stupid (but it might succeed mind you I haven't finished the book...) projects that's pushed forward because of politics and individuals who want to climb up the ladder (not the Salmon ladder mind you).

This is brilliant!

And I hope that they succeed in one way or the other so that I can be a bit more humble before I judge projects at work too harshly.

If you like this kind of humor you might enjoy my book which you can read for free at: http://www.furries-happyclub.com
Last edited by TheWriter on Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
We want to put a smile on peoples faces!
The Furries and The Happy Club

Return to “What are you currently reading?”