• In total there are 24 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 24 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Favorite Star Trek Captain

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.

Kirk

29%
Picard

43%
Sisko

14%
Janeway

14%
Archer

No votes

Total votes: 7
Kevin
Pulitzer Prize Finalist

Unread post

My choice is Janeway.
The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer? - Jeremy Bentham
Olivia22
Freshman

Re: Favorite Star Trek Captain

Unread post

I said Picard. I'm not a big star trek fan but when I used to go to clubs all the time they played this techno song called Captain Picard over and over again so he kind of grew on me.
Kevin
Pulitzer Prize Finalist

Unread post

If you've never heard Shatner (or for that matter, Nimoy) belting out a tune you should check them out! Picard is the most popular pf the captains, for whatever reason; I think the techno song is as good an explanation as possible. He provided a good contrast to the brash Kirk, but a bit too bland a character as far as I'm concerned. Q was the perfect foil for Picard... being a Trekkie now. :)
Last edited by Kevin on Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer? - Jeremy Bentham
Olivia22
Freshman

Unread post

It's been forever since I watched any episodes with Picard in them. Lol. If you're interested in the song it's called The Picard Song. It's rather ridiculous but it has a nice beat and it makes you want to dance.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

Why couldn't we vote for Christopher Pike? Rachel Garrett? (Acting Captain) William T. Riker?
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
Kevin
Pulitzer Prize Finalist

Unread post

Pike was a head-on-a-stick and therefor is ineligible; Garrett? Really? One episode as a minor figure and she's a candidate for favorite captain? pshaw!; Riker... I'm thinking of captains who had an actual series behind them (which, arguably, would mean that Pike should be included)... anyway, I'd have included Voyager's EMH before I would Riker.

I'll youtube the Picard song.
Last edited by Kevin on Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

I am not trying to start an argument; the following is just my opinion. I was trying to make a point, but obviously it fell short. So here goes:

Kirk was a buffoon.
Picard was a pompus stuffed-shirt.
Sisko was just a politically correct leading man.
Janeway was a prig.
Archer was... the less said about Archer the better.

But if I had to pick a favorite from the five, it would be Picard.

If I have offended anyone, I apologize in advance.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
Kevin
Pulitzer Prize Finalist

Unread post

Well hey bro, no need to be so defensive! I won't taze you or phase you! Enterprise is the series I have watched the least... can't comment on Archer really except to say that I liked the actor when he was in Quantum Leap. The aspect of this show I recall most is the opening theme and how it deviated from the classical arrangements of the prior shows... didn't like it much.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

Actually, the opening sequence was the one thing I liked about "Enterprise." Except for that awful theme song.

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”