Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:54 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average. 
Favorite Star Trek Captain 

Kirk 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
Picard 43%  43%  [ 3 ]
Sisko 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
Janeway 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
Archer 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 7

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Pulitzer Prize Finalist

My choice is Janeway.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:47 am
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Freshman

Post Re: Favorite Star Trek Captain
I said Picard. I'm not a big star trek fan but when I used to go to clubs all the time they played this techno song called Captain Picard over and over again so he kind of grew on me.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:12 am
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Pulitzer Prize Finalist

If you've never heard Shatner (or for that matter, Nimoy) belting out a tune you should check them out! Picard is the most popular pf the captains, for whatever reason; I think the techno song is as good an explanation as possible. He provided a good contrast to the brash Kirk, but a bit too bland a character as far as I'm concerned. Q was the perfect foil for Picard... being a Trekkie now. :)

Last edited by Kevin on Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:36 pm
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Freshman

It's been forever since I watched any episodes with Picard in them. Lol. If you're interested in the song it's called The Picard Song. It's rather ridiculous but it has a nice beat and it makes you want to dance.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:58 pm
Profile Email
Knows the secrets of the internetz

Why couldn't we vote for Christopher Pike? Rachel Garrett? (Acting Captain) William T. Riker?

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein

Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:17 pm
Profile Email
Pulitzer Prize Finalist

Pike was a head-on-a-stick and therefor is ineligible; Garrett? Really? One episode as a minor figure and she's a candidate for favorite captain? pshaw!; Riker... I'm thinking of captains who had an actual series behind them (which, arguably, would mean that Pike should be included)... anyway, I'd have included Voyager's EMH before I would Riker.

I'll youtube the Picard song.

Last edited by Kevin on Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:29 pm

I am not trying to start an argument; the following is just my opinion. I was trying to make a point, but obviously it fell short. So here goes:

Kirk was a buffoon.
Picard was a pompus stuffed-shirt.
Sisko was just a politically correct leading man.
Janeway was a prig.
Archer was... the less said about Archer the better.

But if I had to pick a favorite from the five, it would be Picard.

If I have offended anyone, I apologize in advance.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein

Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:34 pm
Profile Email
Pulitzer Prize Finalist

Well hey bro, no need to be so defensive! I won't taze you or phase you! Enterprise is the series I have watched the least... can't comment on Archer really except to say that I liked the actor when he was in Quantum Leap. The aspect of this show I recall most is the opening theme and how it deviated from the classical arrangements of the prior shows... didn't like it much.

The following user would like to thank Kevin for this post:
Cattleman
Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:57 pm

Actually, the opening sequence was the one thing I liked about "Enterprise." Except for that awful theme song.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:08 pm
Profile Email
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.