• In total there are 20 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 20 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

The Language of Flowers - Great Book

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
sal10e
Permanent Ink Finger

The Language of Flowers - Great Book

Unread post

I picked this up at Target and just finished it, but was surprised how much I enjoyed it. The key feature of the book is that in Victorian times each flower had a specific meaning so people could communicate their feelings based on the flowers they chose to give someone. The story deals with a young girl who is just turning 18 and has been a ward of the state for the majority of her life and how she communicates with flowers. The book is a great read with a unique twist (the flowers), and it provides a sad but realistic portrayal of the foster care system and the importance of relationships. I would highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a good read - The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh.

Return to “What are you currently reading?”