• In total there are 56 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 56 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

New here [: and need book ideas!

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
fiftyshades
Official Newbie!

New here [: and need book ideas!

Unread post

Hello,
My name is Ashley I'm a 25 year old female located in North Carolina. I enjoy reading, writing, showing dogs and doing graphic design as well as a little web site design. I own and show American Bullies, the breed is a huge passion of mine.

I'm new to the site and would like to make new friends as well as get some book ideas.

Here is a list of books I've read so far that I've loved.

- Fifty Shades (I've read them all, loved them!)
- The Twilight Series (Loved them all)
- Gabriel's Inferno and Rapture (love!)

So basically I enjoy the romance novels with a story line such as the books listed above. I've googled it and came across a few books but one thing that I cannot do is wait for a second book to come out so I'd like to have suggestions with books already out and the series completed. I suppose I'm impatient :(
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Re: New here [: and need book ideas!

Unread post

Hello Ashley; Welcome to Book Talk. :welcome: I am sure you will find lots of friends here with similar reading interests. :) Having said that, I must admit I am personally not a fan of romance novels (though I have read a few "romanic thriller" such as Catherine Coulter's FBI Thriller series.) :blush: But Book Talk is a big tent with room for everyone. :wink:
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Unread post

Hello and welcome Ashley! I hope you enjoy yourself here at BookTalk.org.
karend2007
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

Hi and welcome from a fellow newbie Ashley :)
“I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.”- Groucho Marx
haviZsultan
Master Debater

Unread post

Wow people join the forum constantly...

Welcome to our site... I am a newbie... like you. :cheers:
Btw all the authors I know are beyond 30, usually beyond 40. I thought I was the only one this young (still younger than ya)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk.org. :-)

I'm about 1/2 way through 50 Shades right now and will refrain from expressing an opinion until I finish. :|
Durzo blint
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Unread post

Welcome to the group Ashley may I recommend the following books to read..

The enders game quintet-Orson Scott card

The integral trees-Larry Niven

Pandora's Star
Judas Unchained- Peter Hamilton
Last edited by Durzo blint on Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trying to be happy by accumulating possessions is like trying to satisfy hunger by taping sandwiches to your body
George Carlin
Katrina Rose
Master Debater

Unread post

Hi, My name is Katrina Rose, author of Connects, and yes with a name like Katrina Rose I'm female.
I'm not new to Booktalk just this forum. I noticed the post said in need of a new book idea. Perhaps, you'd be interested in reading my paranormal creation which is currently in the Top 100 on Amazon. If you have a book to tell me about, please do. I've read mine. LOL!
http://www.amazon.com/Katrina-Rose/e/B007WT1J5M
sal10e
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

Hi Ashley, Based on the books you said you liked I would recommend Lora Leigh and Laurell K. Hamilton. Both have several series of books. Leigh has the ELite OPs series (6 books), SINs Series and SEALs trilogy- SEALs and Elite Ops are both complete series so no waiting on those. She also writes the Bound Hearts series which has multiple books out.

Laurell K. Hamilton is a mix of fantasy/mystery/romance - I prefer her Anita Blake Vampire Hunter books which are fantastic - 21 of those out, so you'd have plenty of reading for a while. Similar to Hamilton there is Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse novels - also vampire/romance/suspense- 12 of those out.

Cindy Gerard is another good author, similar to Lora Leigh - romance and suspense. She has nine books out in her Black Ops series.

Hope one of these suggestions leds you to something you like. Happy reading!

Return to “Everything Else”