• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

succesful ways to promote

A forum for authors, as well as aspiring authors, to connect, network, and converse about all facets of writing, publishing, and promotion.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
haviZsultan
Master Debater

Re: succesful ways to promote

Unread post

I've been marketing heavily through twitter... but I believe I need to:
1) Develop a more global outlook to both my book and tweets...
2) Find new ways of promotion.

My book is not out yet. But I plan to do some serious promoting. I am trying the e-world currently because my audience is English speakers and I am in a country where another language is mainly spoken. Oh and I have a website up already. Just can't begin to get people to visit it though.
cneely294587
Getting Comfortable

Re: succesful ways to promote

Unread post

I attended the Grand Valley Festival and sold a few books there. I also created a booklet containing the first chapter as well as my website and gave those to people who looked interested. The festival was smaller than I expected with only about 100 visitors to my table. This could be a good way to promote a book if you can get a table at a larger festival.

Return to “Author's Lounge”