• In total there are 25 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 25 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

The House by the Side of the Road The Selma Civil Rights Movement

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
JVJ
Official Newbie!

The House by the Side of the Road The Selma Civil Rights Movement

Unread post

I am the daughter of author Richie Jeam Sherrod Jackson, who has written a fascinating and historical book titled The House by the Side of the Road The Selma Civil Rights Movement. My mother's book is her personal account of how Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and other world leaders made our Selma home their headquarters while planning the historic Selma to Montgomery March which influenced President Lyndon Johnson to sign the landmark 1965 Voting Rights Act. The author shares with the reader her account of how a nonviolent, peaceful, social movement made it possible for all Americans to have the right to vote. Her book is also very timely as we once again face an assault on true democracy and voting rights more almost 50 years later. As the author's daughte to say I am proud of my mother and her accomplishments is an understatement. I only wish to share with those that love books the opportunity to read a book that is dedicated to peace, justice an dfreedom for all. For more informaiton on my mother's book pelase visit www.thehousebythesideoftheroad.com. I was fortunate to have been born during the time referenced in the book (although quite young-4) and have had an amazing journey as the author's only child and a proud American. In peace to you all.
readerchick
Official Newbie!

Re: The House by the Side of the Road The Selma Civil Rights Movement

Unread post

Sounds real interesting.Would love to read it.Do you know if it can be found at the library yet?

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”