• In total there are 28 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 28 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Reading for pleasure! What are you reading now?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
crbohmer
Official Newbie!

Re: Reading for pleasure! What are you reading now?

Unread post

I am currently reading the Hunger Games Trilogy. I have been away from reading for so long that I had trouble getting back into it until I read the first book of this trilogy. It has made me want to continue reading for pleasure rather than for work or to learn something specific. I also really enjoy reading about different religions and meditation too.
grim2014
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I'm reading all the free books offered on amazon that look interesting lol. Just finished subculture by Charles Anthony Bikini. Before that I read a romance Fools Rush In by Janice Thompson which was interesting because it was set in Galveston an island south of Houston where Ive lived all my 20 years (:. And now I'm beginning a book tittled Dance of the Winnebagos by Anne Charles. :D
DamianLake
All Your Posts are Belong to Us!

Unread post

Currently I am re-reading "Otherland", a 4-book series by Tad Williams that is a masterpiece of writing. It bridges the gulf between sci-fi and fantasy in a way that makes it appealing to a fan of either genre, even fans who aren't terribly interesting in the opposing style.

I will post a review in the fiction books section later. I started re-reading it again, (third reading in 15 years or so), because I was stuck on one of the final chapters of a novel I am currently writing, and was hoping Williams's elegant dialog might inspire me to find the little something I seem to be currently missing.
candy2050
Creative Writing Student

Unread post

I just finished the third book in the Hunger Games series. Very much enjoyed them even tho they did make me feel sad. I wonder what the movie will be like. I do not watch previews of movies I want to see, so have only seen very small snippets. It doesn't look like it will meet my imagination but will have to wait to see.
hellyiom
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I'm reading The Hare With Amber Eyes, by Edmund de Waal.

I'm not so far into it so don't want to say too much too soon. But, it's a memoir by this English potter about a collection of Japanese Netsuke which have been handed down through his family and their story. De Waal believes that every piece of art, every item that we touch, retains a pulse and a story.
EndlessLaymon
Devoted Member

Unread post

Dark Tower VII The Dark Tower by Stephen king.
It's a scary night in the lonesome October
Coralie1960
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Dave The Marine wrote:Reading "In the Garden of the Beast" about the US Ambassador and his faimily in Germany right after Hitler took over in 1933, 34.
Is Erik Larson the author of this book? I read "The Devil in the White City" and "Thunderstruck". Both were excellent.
Newomyn
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

I'm currently reading a few books:

The Addicted Brain by Michael Kuhar PhD - Non Fiction - about how the brain impacts why we abuse nicotine, alcohol & drugs
Dear White America - Tim Wise - Non Fiction - about race and inequality in the age of multi-culturalism
Game Change - John Helimann / Mark Halperin - Non Fiction - about the 2008 Presidential race
Mummy Knew - Lisa James - Autobiography - life of woman abused as a child
Kym
Ban me now
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

Reading, Girl Interrupted, by Susanna Kaysen. Great book IMO. No one describes insanity better. My expert opinion :)
"Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.” Stephen King
Newomyn
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

Girl Interrupted was VERY good!
Kym

Return to “Everything Else”