• In total there are 19 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 18 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Do you like Horror movies?

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Pegasus796
Almost Comfortable

Re: Do you like Horror movies?

Unread post

I love horror flicks and am looking forward to the latest Paranormal Activity :) I'm curious, since we're on the subject, about any good horror reads? I don't think I've ever read a good horror story. I've read several ghost stories, but nothing that ever gave me nightmares the way a good horror flick has. Any suggestions?
witch love
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

Horror movies are my very favourite,
I also enjoy thrillers.
In fact right now I am watching "Se7en"
What I want to know is how many people have seen "Centipede" ... I am pretty sure that was the most horrifyingly disgusting movie I have ever seen.

I also just finished reading "Pariah", it was a zombie book, pretty good for a book of that type, but not as good as I was hoping. It was a wonderful portrayal of human emotion under unbeleivable circumstance, it was not, however, scary.
In light and love
Kay
-=--=--
I love life because, what more is there.
- Anthony Hopkins
DamianLake
All Your Posts are Belong to Us!

Unread post

Well, I've been away for a bit, for many reasons, only one of which I shall admit to. I've been on an old movie binge because the studios have started releasing these 4-film-favorites packs of the old flicks sitting around in their vaults which aren't making much bucks these days. At only $10 American, it's cheaper than renting, if you happen to be interested in the four movies they selected. Lately I've re-watched such classics as the original Nightmare on Elm Street 1-6, Critters 1-4, Lethal Weapon 1-4, Oceans 11-13, Police Academy 1-4 (the best movies ever to not actually possess any kind of plot line), Contact, Sphere, and a host of others.

It's been a long time since I really binged like this. Most of these movies I haven't watched since I started my own serious writing. Amazing how your views and what you notice drastically changes once you start writing your own stuff. For instance, Contact impressed me so much more than when I was working in a movie theater and I saw it the day before it came out. On the other hand, for the very first time I noticed that some of my old favorite comedies like Police Academy aren't actually stories, but collections of numerous random short scenes and skits.

I've been saving one of my old favorite horror series, Puppet Master 1-6. I hope at least the first one or two are as fun as I remember them being. Just for the hell of it I also picked up the Leprechaun 1-4 set. I've never seen even one, but the price was ok.
DamianLake
All Your Posts are Belong to Us!

Unread post

On an almost related note, I realized I forget to mention one of my favorite horror movies from recent years. It's a rare case where they took a Stephen King short story and actually improved it. "1408" was great, and Cusak with Jackson were a perfect team for it. It's a great ghost story because rather than try to explain how a ghost came to be haunting some house or whatnot, they just got straight to the point. The fricking room is haunted, and it can manifest in any damn way it feels like. And the best part was that it wouldn't kill you; just try to drive you as totally insane as it could so you ended up killing yourself.

It's pretty creative for a ghost story. It never lets the victim have more than a few moments to recover from its last bit of mental chainsawing before it hits him with the next. It goes back the roots of psychological terror that Hollywood has mostly lost these days. In the spirit of full disclosure, I will admit to being a fan of Cusak's since "Better off Dead", but I still think it was a good flick.
Karen Fisher-Alaniz
Creative Writing Student

Unread post

No! I don't understand people who say they like to be scared. Yikes! Not me. But my teen sometimes forces me to watch --- from behind a pillow.
My website: http://www.storymatters2.com
Breaking the Code - a Father's Secret, a Daughter's Journey,
and the Question That Changed Everything (Sourcebooks) came
out on 11/1/11. Buy at your local bookstore, or on Amazon
candy2050
Creative Writing Student

Unread post

No. I like to be scared but not horrified. So I like movies like The Others with Nicole Kidman. Thrillers?
Tonya1000
Master Debater

Unread post

I liked watching poltergeist when I was younger.:
philipkeller
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I find most of them entertaining. The older ones, Halloween, Friday the 13th, Evil Dead .... are some of my picks. Though horror is not my favorite genre, I tend to like dramas better.
Rajesh
Wearing Out Library Card

Unread post

I do.. :)
“Her blood is settled, and her joints are stiff;
Life and these lips have long been separated:
Death lies on her like an untimely frost
Upon the sweetest flower of all the field.”
moondarlin21
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I love Horror movies the most out of any genre. I mostly like the original movies and hate the remakes. My fav movie of all time is Halloween. Nothing can beat that movie, especially as an original. I have all the Halloween movies. I have over 6,000 movies and the majority of them are horror. When my mother died about 6 years ago, she left me two boxes of her classic horror movies that are on VHS. I want to find the machine that will help me to record these movies on DVD. You can quote any movie and most likely I have seen it and know who the actors are who played in the movie.

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”