• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Periodic table's design gets an elemental challenge

Engage in discussions encompassing themes like cosmology, human evolution, genetic engineering, earth science, climate change, artificial intelligence, psychology, and beyond in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Periodic table's design gets an elemental challenge

Unread post

New Periodic TableQuote:Many people have attempted to better the arrangement of the 111 fundamental elements, but no one has been able to supplant the original, created in 1869 by Russian chemist Dmitri Mendeleev with 63 known elements. I read a book by Paul Strathern - Mendeleyev's Dream - A Quest for the Elements. It was the people who discovered and ultimately classified the elements. A good read.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
marti1900

Re: Periodic table's design gets an elemental challenge

Unread post

Very interesting. I like it. Quote:What makes his table distinct is its galaxy design. "It should be looked at like a work of art as much as a work of science," says StewartQuote:"Just look at the night sky and feel a sense of wonder," he says.Charts and tables inspire in us a sense of organized reference, but the galaxy...yeah, that does inspire a sense of wonder. And shouldn't we have a sense of wonder when contemplating (or just looking up) the elements?Marti in Mexico
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

I have always been interested in Chemistry and in particular, the periodic table. I am partial to the old version...but I can adapt.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
CSflim

Unread post

Chemical Periodicity is a theory! The theory keeps changing. The theory is under dispute. TEACH ALTERNATIVE THEORIES TO OUR CHILDREN!Earth. Air. Fire. Water: The truth is constant. (From last month's Skeptical Inquirer) ___________________Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?-Douglas Adams, Last Chance To See
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper

Return to “Science & Technology”