Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:51 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average. 
Official Poll - October 2002 "Book of the Month" 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

BookTalk.org Owner
Diamond Contributor 3

Post Official Poll - October 2002 "Book of the Month"
BookTalk Members:

I'm going to give this poll feature another shot since we have yet to have a problem with it. Please be sure to only vote one time and NOT AT ALL if you don't participate regularly in either the chat sessions or on the message boards.

I have only included nonfiction books that were suggested since we are narrowing our focus.

Thank you!

Chris

Results (total votes = 9):
"Denying Evolution: Creationism, Scientism, and the Nature of Science" - by Massimo Pigliucci 1 / 11.1%  
"The Lucifer Principle: A Scientific Expedition into the Forces of History" - by Howard K. Bloom 4 / 44.4%  
"Ever Since Darwin: Reflections in Natural History" - Stephen Jay Gould 1 / 11.1%  
"Saint Saul: A Skeleton Key To The Historical Jesus" - Donald Harman Harmon Akenson 0 / 0.0% 
"Secret Origins of the Bible" - Tim Callahan 3 / 33.3%  

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,
for there you have been, and there you will always want to be."

-- Leonardo da Vinci

Sat Sep 21, 2002 10:43 am
Profile Email WWW
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BookTalk.org Owner
Diamond Contributor 3

Post Re: Official Poll - October 2002 "Book of the Month&quo
So who still needs to vote? I'll leave this poll up for a few more days.

Chris

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,

-- Leonardo da Vinci

Sun Sep 22, 2002 2:27 pm
Profile Email WWW
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Bronze Contributor 2

Post Re: Official Poll - October 2002 "Book of the Month&
maybe after we vote, we could just put a little post below to notify we've voted?

This above all: to thine own self be true,And it must follow, as the night the day,Thou canst not then be false to any man.--William Shakespeare, Hamlet

Sun Sep 22, 2002 3:45 pm
Profile YIM WWW

BookTalk.org Owner
Diamond Contributor 3

I would appreciate if everyone made a quick post with the book title they voted on for October. We currently have a tie between "The Lucifer Principle" and "Secret Origins of the Bible."

I voted for "The Lucifer Principle."

Chris

-- Leonardo da Vinci

Tue Sep 24, 2002 9:54 pm
Profile Email WWW
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Bronze Contributor 2

I voted for Secret Origins

This above all: to thine own self be true,And it must follow, as the night the day,Thou canst not then be false to any man.--William Shakespeare, Hamlet

Tue Sep 24, 2002 10:19 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Book Hoarder

BookTalk.org Moderator
Silver Contributor

Heh, I nominated "Secret Origins", but voted for "Lucifer Principle", so go figger. If it broke the tie, I could switch my vote to the one I offered.

Perhaps a way out would be for folks to check reader reviews of both books on Amazon or other sites. Sorry, no time to post those links at the moment.

Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:52 am

I voted for the Lucifer Principle mainly for the pragmatic reason that rereading a book I read a few years ago will give me a better chance to keep up with BookTalk. I was also thinking about reading it again anyway in light of recent events of last year.

I'd gladly read the other selection, Secret Origins. It's up to you guys.

Wed Sep 25, 2002 7:58 am
Wearing Out Library Card

I voted for The Lucifer Principle. It sounds very interesting, but then so do all of them.

Cheryl

Wed Sep 25, 2002 10:27 am

I voted for Secret Origins of the Bible. I was required to take a biblical apologetics class at school. They went over several of the theories which explain certain incongruities in scripture, such as the variation in the synoptic gospels. My hope here is to learn how to refute those evil bastards.

Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:35 pm

BookTalk.org Owner
Diamond Contributor 3

Something is screwy!

Thats 4 votes for Lucifer and only 3 show on the Poll!! I'm glad I asked what people voted for!

Chris

-- Leonardo da Vinci

Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:41 pm
Profile Email WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.