• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Nominations for our November & December book poll

Collaborate in choosing our next NON-FICTION book for group discussion within this forum. A minimum of 5 posts is necessary to participate here!
Jeremy1952
Kindle Fanatic

Re: Nominations for our November & December book poll

Unread post

I've decided that I want to read Mein Kampf (in English). Watson refers to it in DNA: The secret of life, and I was reminded of the many times Origin of Species is referred to; and how often I shake my head and think, "Darwin implied that? In my three readings I never understood any such conclusion...."So I think it would be very interesting to read for myself what Hitler actually said. Sonofabitch can't collect royalties, after all. Science is neither a philosophy nor a belief system. It is a combination of mental operations that has become increasingly the habit of educated peoples, a culture of illuminations hit upon by a fortunate turn of history that yielded the most effective way of learning about the real world ever conceived. E.O.Wilson

Return to “What non-fiction book should we read and discuss next?”