• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

NJ Governor McGreevey resigns - had Gay Affair

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

NJ Governor McGreevey resigns - had Gay Affair

Unread post

Sad sad sad....He says he cheated on wife with the former NJ Homeland Security Chief.More to come.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.I came to get down, I came to get down. So get out ya seat and jump around - House of PainEdited by: misterpessimistic  at: 8/15/04 7:44 am
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: NJ Governor McGreevey resigns because he is gay

Unread post

I heard he resigned, but are you joking about who he had his affair with? Being gay is nobodys damn business, so that alone shouldn't be a reason for him resigning. The affair is a blemish on his credibility in some respects, but this still should not impact his political career. People are weird. Leave the guy alone.Chris "For Every Winner, There Are Dozens Of Losers. Odds Are You're One Of Them"
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Yeah...now that guy has a sexual harrassment lawsuit againt McGreevey.His name is Golan Cipel, and there was big controversy twoyears ago about him being named as Security Chief. He was a Lieutenant in the Israeli army and that was the extent of his experience. Basically NO experience.Some lawmakers were giving him flak because he was a froigner with no security clearance, and they did not want to share any info with him.He probably GOT the job based on his relationship with McGreevey, and now he is stirring the pot...I agree, if this is the case, McGreeveys credibility is shot, but NOT just because he is gay.Sometimes, I just hate this world we have made!Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.I came to get down, I came to get down. So get out ya seat and jump around - House of Pain
ZachSylvanus
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Unread post

Seems like Cipel has made quite the list of demands, almost extortion style.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Yes, I believe he was making demands in exchange for not filing the suit.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.I came to get down, I came to get down. So get out ya seat and jump around - House of Pain
pctacitus

Re: NJ Governor McGreevey resigns - had Gay Affair

Unread post

Finally, a politician who can say "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" and not be committing a high crime in the form of perjury.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

LOL very good!!Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.I came to get down, I came to get down. So get out ya seat and jump around - House of Pain
pctacitus

Unread post

It was a cheap shot, but I had to take it. There aren't many opportunities like this one.
Tiarella

Unread post

Did you see that Edward Schrock, R-VA, pulled out of the election a couple days ago because of allegations that he is gay? (He is married, and voted to ban gay marriages.) Returning to the original subject - around here, there were a lot of letters to the editor praising McGreevey for his courage in coming out. What courage? He came out because he was being blackmailed. Courage would have been telling his wife he was bisexual, before he acted on his attraction to other men.My gay brother doesn't try to hide his orientation from anyone. He's lost out on jobs because of it - it's illegal, of course, but it happens all the same. He's got a lot more courage, and integrity, than McGreevey. It is tough to be gay or lesbian in our society. I'm not excusing these two politicians for their hypocrisy, merely pointing out that this particular type of hypocrisy wouldn't arise in a society that accepted homosexuals.
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

...as if I don't get enough flack from being from NJ...

Return to “Current Events & History”