• In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Newbie - medmo

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
medmo
Getting Comfortable

Newbie - medmo

Unread post

Hello all. Very good to find this site. I hope you can forgive me using a screen name. Medmo is much easier than trying to add something to my real name, Matt.I'm a physician in Alabama, which puts me in a particular type of company most of the time. I think physicians tend to be intelligent but moderate-conservative. Alabamians tend to be conservative. That tends to make my surrounding colleagues even more conservative than they might be elsewhere, leaving me in a rather unique place socially and politically as I am a moderate-to-liberal atheist.I enjoy reading and thinking about social and political issues, but don't really know many people with whom I can discuss these things, so it's great to find this forum. Although I am quite busy with work, etc (as I am sure you all are), I hope to participate and exchange opinions and ideas.
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Newbie - medmo

Unread post

Welcome Matt!It's good to have another voice around here, even if you are from Alabama... (Just kidding)Anyway I hope you enjoy the site, we have some good discussions going on right now and we are discussing one of our regular member's book "Godless in America" since the author is a regular to the site he responds to questions and comments which makes the discussion much more intriguing, at least in my opinion. Feel free to comment anywhere you like, a fresh voice is welcome and a nice change of pace.Later Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a wellpreserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,shouting..."Holy Crap...what a ride!"
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Re: Newbie - medmo

Unread post

You should have picked "MedMal" for your screen name. But I am sure you never need your MedMal!!Greetings. I am in insurance if you have not figured that outt by now!lolMr. P. But atheism is no more a religion than not playing chess is a hobby. - Robert Sawyer - Sci Fi AuthorI'm not saying it's usual for people to do those things but I(with the permission of God) have raised a dog from the dead and healed many people from all sorts of ailments. - Asana Boditharta (former booktalk troll)"The Sentient may percieve and love the universe, but the universe cannot percieve and love the sentient. The universe sees no distinction between the multitude of creatures and elements which comprise it. All are equal. None is favored...It cannot control what it creates and it cannot, it seems, be controlled by its creations (though a few might decieve themselves otherwise). Those who curse the workings of the universe curse that which is deaf. Those who strike out at those workings fight that which is inviolate. Those who shake their fists, shake their fists at blind stars." - Michael Moorcock in the "Queen of the Swords"

Return to “Everything Else”