• In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

New Year's Resolutions and Poetry

A platform to express and share your enthusiasm and passion for poetry. What are your treasured poems and poets? Don't hesitate to showcase the poems you've penned yourself!
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
realiz

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Amazingly Intelligent

Unread post

A Love Song
Thanks, Saffron, for posting the complete poem. I was wondering about it when I read the two stanzas you posted on the Love thread, or maybe you did post the whole thing and I missed it? It is good.

DWill...
I was thinking of your measurement for daily poetry reading and thought the most important thing is not lines but how those lines 'move' you. Then I though of movements in music, then I laughed because a 'poetry movement' a day made me think of another type of movement. So, that term went out the window.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Re: New Year's Resolutions and Poetry

Unread post

Hummm, not sure what the RDA for poetry, but surely, more than 1 bk of PL in a day is an OD. It's funny, I hadn't even counted PL as reading a poem -- I guess in my mind I am reading it as a story -- I think I need to go back to listening to it. As for WCW, his poems did become more spare over time; I also wonder if he looked back and thought as you've suggested. Here is another that is a bit fleshier --
Not consider PL as reading a poem? Me neither, really. It's interesting about the 2 WCW poems. The second is better, I think, clearly. The ornamentation of the first seems to disguise the idea, or it is the main purpose of the poem. The second is more like an expressionistic painting to me. The idea is harder to "get" but there is no other purpose for the words than to convey the unique reality of the speaker's emotion.

Return to “A Passion for Poetry”