• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

New space and time.

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
xentryk

New space and time.

Unread post

Hello booktalk. I have returned under a new alias, I was previously tomiichi. After an incredibly hectic year and four moves later, I am now that much older and wiser (which isn't much ).I do, however, enjoy the intellectual stimulation my brain receives from booktalk, so I would like to welcome myself back. "This paperback is very interesting, but I find it will never replace a hardcover book - it makes a very poor doorstop."-Alfred Hitchcock
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Re: New space and time.

Unread post

Hey! Welcome back!Why the name change? Identity crisis? lolSee ya around the boards.Mr. P. But atheism is no more a religion than not playing chess is a hobby. - Robert Sawyer - Sci Fi AuthorI'm not saying it's usual for people to do those things but I(with the permission of God) have raised a dog from the dead and healed many people from all sorts of ailments. - Asana Boditharta (former booktalk troll)"The Sentient may percieve and love the universe, but the universe cannot percieve and love the sentient. The universe sees no distinction between the multitude of creatures and elements which comprise it. All are equal. None is favored...It cannot control what it creates and it cannot, it seems, be controlled by its creations (though a few might decieve themselves otherwise). Those who curse the workings of the universe curse that which is deaf. Those who strike out at those workings fight that which is inviolate. Those who shake their fists, shake their fists at blind stars." - Michael Moorcock in the "Queen of the Swords"
xentryk

Unread post

Just never put much thought into the other name. It's my little dog's name. "This paperback is very interesting, but I find it will never replace a hardcover book - it makes a very poor doorstop."-Alfred Hitchcock
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

lol And what does this name mean?Well, it is good to see you back!Mr. P. But atheism is no more a religion than not playing chess is a hobby. - Robert Sawyer - Sci Fi AuthorI'm not saying it's usual for people to do those things but I(with the permission of God) have raised a dog from the dead and healed many people from all sorts of ailments. - Asana Boditharta (former booktalk troll)"The Sentient may percieve and love the universe, but the universe cannot percieve and love the sentient. The universe sees no distinction between the multitude of creatures and elements which comprise it. All are equal. None is favored...It cannot control what it creates and it cannot, it seems, be controlled by its creations (though a few might decieve themselves otherwise). Those who curse the workings of the universe curse that which is deaf. Those who strike out at those workings fight that which is inviolate. Those who shake their fists, shake their fists at blind stars." - Michael Moorcock in the "Queen of the Swords"
xentryk

Unread post

It's eccentric!It fits my personality. "This paperback is very interesting, but I find it will never replace a hardcover book - it makes a very poor doorstop."-Alfred Hitchcock
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Hah! I was pronouncing it "Zen Trick." LOLWelcome back! We missed you. I was wondering what happened to you.

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

Yeah, christianity makes sense.

Return to “Everything Else”