Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:32 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average. 
New sci-fi author from Finland 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Getting Comfortable

Post New sci-fi author from Finland
PLOT TWIST! I'm not from Finland! :D I just live in Finland.
I'm Nicola, and even if my name might sound feminine, I'm actually a guy (more specifically, the one shown in my avatar). I'm from Italy, but as said I live in Finland—and I have for quite a while, too, something like 8 years.
I bumped into BookTalk.org while looking for ways of getting into the reading and writing online community (and yes, of course, also ways of advertising my own work ;) ), so I decided to join. I've actually not been ony any forum for years, and all of a sudden I find myself joining many... We'll see if I can keep up with all of them :D
I like all sort of books, although I prefer fiction. To my shame, I haven't read much in the past few years, because I was too busy studying for my degree (poor excuse, but it's impressive how easily you can lose track of ways of entertaining yourself when you're obsessed with your duties), but as I enter the writing business I'm also planning to resume reading. It's one of the best and most inexpensive hobbies in the world, and I used to do it a lot when I was younger.
What else can I say? Well, I am an amateur actor, I like drawing (on the subject, my avatar is my self-portrait) and I strum on the piano every now and again. I always thought I'd be a scientist, but as it turns out I'd rather write instead. I did study science, though, and as said, I write sci-fi. Hopefully I should get the first book of my series published by the end of the month or so—more on that later on. ;)
I write in both Italian and English (that's because I thought my chances of getting anywhere with a career as an ebook writer would be slim if I published in Italian only), so you'll all have a chance to read my stuff, if you're feeling brave ;) Cheers!

Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:46 am
Profile WWW
Getting Comfortable

Post Re: New sci-fi author from Finland
Anything online?

Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:29 am
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

BookTalk.org Owner
Diamond Contributor 3

Welcome to the community! ;-)

Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:32 am
Profile Email WWW
Getting Comfortable

jessicah wrote:
Anything online?

Not yet, but I'll have a website up shortly. :)

Chris OConnor wrote:
Welcome to the community! ;-)

Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:55 am
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.