• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

New Human

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
lifeisgood81

New Human

Unread post

Hi, my name is Lisa. I am 40, with three children...all boys 22-11 and 9. I am a full time student, just finishing up my first year. I am no way an author and certainly not a poet, but can keep up enough to out write the average layman. I collect marbles and belong to several Ezboard marble boards. I really like the people in the marble community, but long for more adult and stimulating conversation. I love reading, especially non-fiction...history seems to be my passion lately. I recently finished a book on Stalin. I can devour an entire book in one sitting and tend to speed read if the book gets boring. I am really bad at reading only part of a book, then picking it up months or years later to finish it.Love the classics, and I am trying to plunge through a list I picked up at the library of suggested classics.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Re: New Human

Unread post

Quote:I really like the people in the marble community, but long for more adult and stimulating conversation. Well (and I know this is gratuitous punnery) we ALL lost our marbles long ago! So Welcome!!!!Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.I came to get down, I came to get down. So get out ya seat and jump around - House of PainHEY! Is that a ball in your court? - Mr. PI came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

LisaWelcome to BookTalk. I hope you find us a bit more stimulating than the marble community. I do the same thing. I read a few dozen pages of a book and then set it down for a period of time. I'm currently reading at least a dozen books right now with this technique!Chris
lifeisgood81

Unread post

I have finals next week, then I have a break until I start clinicals next fall, so I am looking forward to polishing off a few good books. I will try and post the classics list I have some time soon.I noticed from reading alot of the post on this board, that most of you are liberals....got any room for a Republican?Lisa
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

LisaWe have plenty of room for a Republican! You're very right about most being liberal here. It can get frustrating as hell as I'm a registered Republican. I suppose it is difficult to be a freethinker and support the Republican party, as they are known for attempting to legislate morality and micro-manage peoples lives.Chris
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

True Republicans are tolerable. The group ruining, oops, running your party now are big government, borrow and spend, fanatic crusaders. Take your party back before they ruin everything for all of us!McCain in 2008!Mr. P.I consider myself Independent, with a left leaning tendency. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.I came to get down, I came to get down. So get out ya seat and jump around - House of PainHEY! Is that a ball in your court? - Mr. PI came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
jerkinabottle

Unread post

True conservatives are nothing like the new breed of neoconservatives which are taking over America's politics right now. Edited by: jerkinabottle at: 12/15/04 2:38 am

Return to “Everything Else”