• In total there are 10 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 10 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

New fiction discussion for Aug/Sep?

Assist us in selecting our upcoming FICTION book for group discussion in this forum. A minimum of 5 posts is required to participate here!
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

New fiction discussion for Aug/Sep?

Unread post

We are still discussing "The Glass Bead Game" as our fiction discussion book for the months of June and July. Should we add a third month for this discussion, or should we start the selection process for a new fiction discussion book? The discussion for "The Glass Bead Game" will continue as long as there is interest, I am just wondering if we should add a second fiction discussion.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Should we wait until September to begin a new fiction discussion, or should we start a new one in August?
giselle

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
Almost Awesome

Re: New fiction discussion for Aug/Sep?

Unread post

Suzanne: I favour a new fiction book discussion in August and I think it might appeal to those fiction readers not participating in the Glass Bead Game discussion.
Jozanny
Float like a butterfly, post like a bee!

Unread post

For the time being, this is my rule relating to group discussions of texts:

1. If it is in my personal library and I am ready to read it or reread it then I will join in.

1a. I will not buy or loan from library unless I was going to do that independently of the discussion.

2. I will only make suggestions if and when economic anxiety eases, and to this extent, I regret letting Hesse go, but I have to start being realistic about my constraints.

3. I am in the middle of one of my *yummy* kindle files, Muriel Spark's Aiding and Abetting, and it is a wickedly funny book

http://www.amazon.com/Aiding-Abetting-N ... 0385720904

Five years after her death, Spark is enjoying a revival, and along with Doris Lessing, is one of the greatest woman writers of the late 20th century.
Il mondo sta bene cosi com'e.
--Giordano Bruno
tat tvam asi
Reading Addict

Unread post

I propose the bible for the next fiction book discussion. lol
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Unread post

giselle wrote:Suzanne: I favour a new fiction book discussion in August and I think it might appeal to those fiction readers not participating in the Glass Bead Game discussion.
I agree. I'll start a fiction suggestion thread for a fiction discussion starting in August.
Jozanny wrote:Five years after her death, Spark is enjoying a revival, and along with Doris Lessing, is one of the greatest woman writers of the late 20th century.
I read "The Golden Notebook", Doris Lessing a while ago, I really enjoyed it.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Why not make one of these two threads a sticky topic so everyone can see it?

Return to “What fiction book should we read and discuss next?”