• In total there are 20 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 20 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

New bookworm here!!

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
8ookworm248
Official Newbie!

New bookworm here!!

Unread post

Hi, everyone!! My name is Emma, and I'm from Texas, US. I play the piano a little and mostly read, watch movies, or listen to music in my spare time. I am a book lover looking for people who share my enthusiasm for books. I am also looking for some good contemporary book suggestions since I mostly read classics.
I'm really excited to join booktalk! It's great to be here :D
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Re: New bookworm here!!

Unread post

Hi, Emma, welcome to Book Talk. :) Like you, I am a Texan, and have been reading since I was five (I am currently 70+). If you can give me some ideas as to what type of book you would like to read, :? I may be able to make some suggetions - I am not exaggerating when I say the number of books I have read in my life numbers in the hundreds if not the thousands. do you like fiction, non-fiction? If fiction what genre? Western, crime, suspense, historical, sci-fi/fantasy, or romance? If non-fiction, biography, history, travel, philosophy, nature, etc..

Don't be shy, as everyone here is friendly and helpful. :wink:
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
Kevin
Pulitzer Prize Finalist

Re: New bookworm here!!

Unread post

Howdy 8ookworm248. I would like to suggest Haruki Murakami as being a contemporary author worth reading. Any of his books will be fine. William Gibson and Neal Stephenson are two more that I like. They are in the cyberpunk vein (think Matrix).
The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer? - Jeremy Bentham

Return to “Everything Else”